Anger issues with autism

Hello everybody 

I have autism and I get angry a lot does anyone else experience getting angry a lot for no good reason. 

Feed back would be good 

Thanks 

• I got the Bose ones too, but thinking I may swap them for the Sony ones!  They make a bit of a hissing noise, and the noise cancelling hurts my ears a little.  There’s no where round me I can go and try any on, which is annoying.  

Wearing headphones makes such a huge difference.  I’m awaiting my assessment but my GP thinks I have adhd as well.  I have big problems getting focussed, and staying focussed. Having something that cuts out a lot of office noise, and I can play some music quietly through really helps.  

Hope they work for you with your course!  I still really struggle, but they do help, and I find I’m not wandering round or falling asleep as much at work.  Plus they encourage people not to distract you!

• I went for the Bose quiet comfort ones. I did a bit of reserarch, as best I could, I got advice on here, then went into the shop, a couple of times, and tried on all the different ones. And the Bose ones won out on comfort for me. They all have a slightly different feel and you can find one or two different ones in each price range. I got my PIP back pay so used the money to buy the headphones. I didn’t know how useful they would be but I thought they were worth a try and someone on here said when they use them, they can concentrate on their work much more and for longer, and that comment sealed the deal for me. I thought I have to try them. I’ve got adhd as well and I’m waiting for a prescription for Ritalin but I thought if headphones can work in a similar way, then I’m going to give them a try. I was prepared for the headphones to do nothing for me. I thought at the very least I’ll have a nice pair of headphones but if there’s a chance they could improve the quality of my life, then I was prepared to give them a try and so far I haven’t been disappointed at all. 

I’ve been amazed so far and I’m really pleased I got them. And this morning I’m going to see if they help with concentration because I’m on week two of my new course and I haven’t done week one yet! So let’s see how they work with this! lol! 

• Which headphones did you get?

• I never knew, until now, that there was two ways of spelling compliment!!!! And I can never get the right spelling for stationary! Due to my dyslexia, it’s so hard to always try and remember to check if I’m getting the spellings right and clearly with the compliment one, I never knew two different spellings existed, so I had no chance with that one! Lol! 

• My partner does that all the time, I literally drives me mad! 

• That would seriously irritate me if I had to see that all the time. Really wouldget angry, probably couldn't actually manage to live there 

• Unless they really do mean what they say with peaceful character or intent! Wink

How about 'compliment' and 'complement'?

I saw this ad yesterday for a flat for rent:

This property offers a quiet environment and it is important that the suitable single tenant will compliment these surroundings.

I guess you're supposed to keep saying to it 'You are a really nice and quiet environment'!

'Stationary' and 'stationery'?

Our local stationary shop has moved from where it used to be.

I tried to move the envelope, but it remained stationery.

• One of my pet hates is when people say pacifically rather than specifically, the Pacific is an ocean!

• Have you tried noise cancelling headphones? They’re working amazingly well for me. I only got them the other day and already they’re making a great impact. It’s lile im living in another world. It’s as if the whole world slows down when I’ve got them on. 

So I’ve figured that something happens to my brain when I hear noise that somehow makes everything go faster. For example, when I have the headphones on, cars etc are not only quieter, but slower as well. 

It’s pretty amazing because I always felt the world went too fast for me, but now I have the headphones, it’s like it’s slowed down, to the degree that it’s no longer going too fast.

Even the little noises in the house, that nobody but me hears, go away and it makes such a huge difference that it shows me how much pressure I was under from the noise, when I didn’t have the headphones. 

It’s like I didn’t realise how much I was impacted by noise, until it went away. And the headphones add a layer of comfort to me physically, that I didn’t know I needed. And I discovered yesterday, at the fellowship meeting, that if I’m getting bored or whatever, I can listen to something through the headphones as well, to give me another level of serenity or something. For example, yesterday, I played a song that was in my head anyway, to see if it would act as a calmer. And it didn’t really, but I did go on to play sounds of water and nature, and that helped.

So I’m still experimenting but so far, they have been worth the money I spent on them. And I prefer them to medication. 

• I get them wrong just about all of the time See no evil

• I don’t allow people to use the word ‘yummy’ ~ I hate that word!! Lol! To me, it’s baby talk! Lol! 

• I think most people get angry at inanimate objects. I've yet to work with anybody that doesn't at times swear at their computer.

What causes an angry reaction from me is sudden noise. I find I'm reacting violently before my brain has even engaged, it's a purely primal response. When the brain catches up I regain control but I've punched a couple of cars for hitting their horns next to me because of this.

It's not nice, and I'd rather it didn't happen. Sadly it's not one of the things I'm getting better at as I get older :(

• I often think I'd be relatively happy if relieved of the need to make money and allowed to potter about in my own little world.

• Yes, I'm exactly the same too - it's the interruption to the flow that drives the rage - it feels like the universe will be unbalanced until the previous state is restored. Sometimes I'm also indignant at poor design - tents that don't fit back into their stuff-sack etc.

• I think everyone argues with self service tills! At least I do (alot! ) and im just a highly stressed nt 

• Hey,

I thought I was the only one, I often catch myself hating or being angry towards myself, other people or things. I flipped out the other day at college over something someone had said to another person which upset me, even though it wasn't directed at me or about me. So I totally understand how you're feeling.

• I get angry with the self service tills in shops and sometimes end up swearing at them and arguing with them if they don't work properly, people must think I'm an absolute nutcase!

• Well youre very kind for going out of your way to help! 

Traffic  especially town centre drives me mad. The other night i drove us to a small town, there were taxis taking up parking spaces, cars turning down narrow streets behind me, windows were steaming up, it was raining, my partner was trying to tell me where he had seen a car park etc..i did well as often im ashamed to say that i snap but theres too much input! With a colleague this is completely different as i imagine you have to maintain the calm!!

I know what you mean aboyt events throwing you out. Its not like 20 minutes makes any difference to anything but maybe because being late was out of your control you felt the way you did. 

At the weekend my parents came to help plan a garden project. Id already marked out where it was going then my dad said we would be having to move it 2 feet further down. 2 feet is neither here nor there is it. But oh no i was going to lose space for the veg parch! He knows best and he is doing most of the work for me. But i could feel the tension rising in my chest as this was going against what i expected as id had it marked out for 2 weeks. It threw me. I maintained my calm and after he had explained properly i was ok. 

In other situations it feels like the other people are conspiring against me because they think my idea is rubbish and they always know best. Like they will discount my idea just because its come from me and not because of its value. This makes me feel angry but its how i interpret the situation and often have given things a lot of thought so feel my idea or decision is the best one.

• I was going to try being clever and say that there's an implied "empty set" in the sentence, which, expanded, reads "Park Mew's Apartment's {}" meaning that nothing belongs to Park Mew's Apartment, in which case Park Mew's Apartment does not exist and the sign is actually a self-contradicting joke.

I did my best :-)

• love your username lol .. i can definitely relate to the smashing pcb there is something so satisfying about punishing an inanimate object probably because it's generally frowned upon for doing the same to a human being though if i had my way there would be a lot of annoying people with flattened heads