The assessment draws near(Wednesday) .

The assessment draws near(Wednesday) . Anxiety levels are rising. Going through major doubts as to whether I'll meet the criteria. I certainly don't think I'm neurotypical , but am more doubtful about being on the spectrum.

Am second guessing why the pdoc put me forward for an assessment. Would it be par for the course for any patient where the subject of ASD is raised, or would the pdoc have to have some level of belief you are on the spectrum to put you forward for an assessment?

Parents
  • Just be yourself, firemonkey - as obvious as that sounds!

If that's how you are, you'll get through it.

When my assessment came, I went into it with relief that I could finally get things properly and honestly out in the open.

Afterwards, she said to me 'You should get the report in about six weeks... but between you and me, I don't really think there's any doubt.'

Fingers crossed for you.

• Just be yourself, firemonkey - as obvious as that sounds!

If that's how you are, you'll get through it.

When my assessment came, I went into it with relief that I could finally get things properly and honestly out in the open.

Afterwards, she said to me 'You should get the report in about six weeks... but between you and me, I don't really think there's any doubt.'

Fingers crossed for you.

Children
No Data