Female with autism feels masculine rather than feminine

I am a female with autism. Something that I have felt most of my life is that I feel more masculine than feminine in my inner self however outwardly I definitely look feminine such as makeup and I do my hair etc but inwardly I feel and see myself as more of a male. Has anyone experienced this? 

Parents
  • I'm definitely not very feminine. Inside or out. I'm not sure I'd say I feel particularly masculine either though. I don't think about gender too much like that. I'm female and I wouldn't identify any other way. My way of being is more to do with comfort and interests.

• I'm definitely not very feminine. Inside or out. I'm not sure I'd say I feel particularly masculine either though. I don't think about gender too much like that. I'm female and I wouldn't identify any other way. My way of being is more to do with comfort and interests.

Children
  • Binary i think you are right in some respects there. I too dont feel particularly masculine either. I think my identity comes from just being me. I think being fenale and being feminine are different things.

NAS50499 so you are saying how you dress and your style is more of a practical and comfort thing rather than fashion?

Does anyone on this thread do anything to attract the opposite (or same?) sex by appearance? My friends used to take the mickey out of me a bit in my younger years by how i dressed on a night out. Quite plain by their standards. But i was firmly of the belief that someone would like me for who i was and the music i liked rather than wearing a low cut top. I thought i could attract boys by dressing a bit like liam gallagher. To show i too liked oasis. (Oh how i loved my parka and duffle coat) I was oblivious to the fact most of the boys just wanted a pretty girl and was puzzled when theyd pick thr pretty blonde one in our group.

I know this is more naiveity than a female thing but I dont think i noticed the male gaze till i was about 24.