Noisy office

Really struggled with office noise today. For most of the day I could count on there being at least three other loud conversations going on all within a 10m radius of my desk (open office about 200m long!). Even Flare Audio Isolate plugs were no defence, & music through PowerBeats needed to be too loud to be safe & became a distraction itself. Nearing the end of the day now but it's worn me out, I'm tetchy and can't wait to get home despite actually enjoying the content of my work. White noise through PowerBeats is finally masking it but without that it's like a scene from a movie when someone goes insane and the echo-y voices get louder and louder and more echo-y.

Gah!

</rant> 

Parents
  • I use Planronics Voyager Focus UC headphones with active noise cancelling, with the Bluetooth receiver plugged into their MDA200 desktop switch.  That in turn is both plugged into my office phone and the PC.

It all works so well.  I can answer calls by hitting the button on the side of the headset, listen to music or videos on the PC and use it for Skype on the PC.  It also links to my mobile so I can answer calls on that.

But best of all, it cuts out the constant noise of the office.

Away from the office I use Bose QC20's (Android version), especially in supermarkets, and sometimes not even plugged into my 'phone - just with the noise cancelling turned on.  Plan to try them out next week on a long flight.

• Thanks capers123, those Plantronics headphones do look awesome! I wonder if I did get myself some QC20s & used them with my own phone that would help - I've taken to doing telecons by webex and getting the webex to call my personal iPhone as that means I can use my PowerBeats and insert in both ears (in preference to the "work" headset which works with the desk phone but only covers one ear).

• Please do the needful and revert ASAP.  Need webex now!  Fix it! Fix it! Fix it!

Reply Children
No Data