Am I making too much of this?

My flatmate calls my autism a 'sob story'. I try to stand up against an ableist post on Facebook and an autistic man calls me 'entitled', and tells me that 'autism is only a disability if you let it be one', and I'm 'sickening' for 'making it more than it is'. My old teacher tells me that 'everyone feels on the edge of the group sometimes'. Nurses say, 'Your autism isn't as bad as some people's.' About a million people have said to me, 'Everyone's on the spectrum somewhere.'

Is it me? Am I just self-pitying and not strong enough? Or is it that no one understands?

Parents
  • I echo what every one else says.  Those with ASD are affected differently.  That’s why its Spectrum Disorder.

You ARE strong. Your flat mate is an idiot and the nurse and teacher are ill informed.  Show them the too much information video from NAS on YouTube.  Also offer to send them links to the NAS website. 

You have the power!

• I echo what every one else says.  Those with ASD are affected differently.  That’s why its Spectrum Disorder.

You ARE strong. Your flat mate is an idiot and the nurse and teacher are ill informed.  Show them the too much information video from NAS on YouTube.  Also offer to send them links to the NAS website. 

You have the power!

Children
No Data