Inability to hold down a job. Why?

The first place I was in (full time contract) held a meeting between management and HR and said I could leave the job there and then and be paid for the three months notice I would have worked. I hated the environment in that place so I was glad to go. I was told in the past while in this job that I wasn't productive enough. I worked here just under a year,

The second place did not renew my 3 month temporary contract citing performance and quality issues. This does not make sense as I focus a lot on detail so the quality should at least have been good. Four other temporary staff were kept on after their contracts ended. Out of the 5 temporary people, I was the only one not kept on.

Is this a pattern that's going to keep repeating itself? Saddening if so. Do they see the aspergers and make excuses to get rid of me? I thought my work quality was far better than others who were more pally with management (in other words the *** lickers).

I have always found I need to keep starting again in life. I'm in my 30s and it's back to the drawing board. 

Parents
  • Although it's too late now, the jobs you've lost, you need to ask for evidence of the poor performance. Actual physical examples of what wasn't good enough, and also ask why these things were not raised at the time. If they can't, and you feel like they are doing it because of your disability, you can claim unfair dismissal, if you felt strongly enough.

As for starting again in life, that can be a good thing. I was stuck in a job for 12 years, where all my issues were highlighted, before my diagnosis. I was unhappy but very well paid so it was hard to leave. I eventually did, took some family time out and then tried something so unbelievably different, starring from the very bottom, and I've been lucky enough to land in a team of people who I truly get along with and don't really feel any different to at all. 

It can happen.

• Thank you. That is really a relief to hear. Maybe I haven't found the a suitable place yet. Thanks for the reply. I've decided to not pursue unfair dismissal because the big corporations always win. I think you can only claim unfair dismissal if you have been working in a place for over two years so I couldn't even if I wanted to.

• You may well be right. I'd still be asking for evidence for dismissal though. It may well help going forward

• Yeah - it doesn't hurt to get honest, blunt feedback if you want to adapt yourself to the workplace. You can't change if you don't know what the problem is.

Reply Children
No Data