‘People like me don’t get support’

There is a new paper out entitled, ‘‘People like me don’t get support’: Autistic adults’ experiences of support and treatment for mental health difficulties, self-injury and suicidality.’ 

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/1362361318816053

Parents
  • Something is amiss here i'm afraid, this is probably an over sharing moment, but........... I live in Coventry...... "Coventry Autism Steering Group" is a fake construct, it doesnt exist. Try to find it yourself. Try to become a participant. Try to 'steer' the way Autistic people are treated in Cov. You won't find anything except 3 pages all from the same source.

Strange as well that when Prof. Baron Cohen specifically asked Dr Cassidy in an email between the three of us if there were groups in Coventry nothing was mentioned.

Sorry Sarah, as i have said before i love the work you do but wtf is this?

• Something is amiss here i'm afraid, this is probably an over sharing moment, but........... I live in Coventry...... "Coventry Autism Steering Group" is a fake construct, it doesnt exist. Try to find it yourself. Try to become a participant. Try to 'steer' the way Autistic people are treated in Cov. You won't find anything except 3 pages all from the same source.

Strange as well that when Prof. Baron Cohen specifically asked Dr Cassidy in an email between the three of us if there were groups in Coventry nothing was mentioned.

Sorry Sarah, as i have said before i love the work you do but wtf is this?

Children
No Data