Hair cut anxiety

Does anyone else have issues with hair cuts?

I hate being touched especially on the head. I've always hated getting my hair cut. But I also hate it getting long and will not tie it back so have no choice but to get it cut regularly.

The person that has cut it since I was quite young - for at least 15 years has given up hair dressing. This has really thrown me and I'm now really anxious about finding someone new to cut it. I'm not keen on meeting new people either so that really doesn't help. I don't even know where to start to look for someone new that may have a bit of understanding. My old hairdresser always cut it the same every time. The thought of someone cutting it differently really freaks me out.

Probably sounds a bit daft at nearly 30 but this is a massive issue for me.

Parents
  • Hair cutting !!!!!

I actually enjoy having my haircut.  Although I have had some bad experiences.  And I go back to my regular traditional barber.

For over 30 years, I usually use a very cheap barbers shop, located in a basement of a city centre market.  The shop has probably been there for over a century.  They know how I like it cut and they do an adequate job.

Occasionally I try others.  But they cost more and aren't any better.  Many years ago, I once allowed my ten year old niece to cut it.  I enjoyed the experience.  But what a mess she made and I went to the barbers a few days later to tidy it up.

I have also tried to do it myself by looking in the mirror.  That's a recipe for disaster.

Finding the right barber/hairdresser is important.  Good luck.

• Hair cutting !!!!!

I actually enjoy having my haircut.  Although I have had some bad experiences.  And I go back to my regular traditional barber.

For over 30 years, I usually use a very cheap barbers shop, located in a basement of a city centre market.  The shop has probably been there for over a century.  They know how I like it cut and they do an adequate job.

Occasionally I try others.  But they cost more and aren't any better.  Many years ago, I once allowed my ten year old niece to cut it.  I enjoyed the experience.  But what a mess she made and I went to the barbers a few days later to tidy it up.

I have also tried to do it myself by looking in the mirror.  That's a recipe for disaster.

Finding the right barber/hairdresser is important.  Good luck.

Children