Pdoc appointment

Saw the pdoc this afternoon. It was the first time he had seen me. He did a thorough assessment.Past history. Past medication. Symptoms . Family background. My stepdaughter was there with me. She said her piece re what she has noticed about me. He says that paranoid personality disorder doesn’t fit . He reckons that a combination of ASD and schizophrenia fits best. I had mentioned ASD and my stepdaughter chipped in to say she works for a care agency that helps people on the spectrum and I show signs of it . He asked if I was good at reading emotions . I said I was average but my stepdaughter pointed out ways in which I wasn't He also said I’m quite dyspraxic. He’s making a referral for an ASD assessment. He noticed I had a tremor which he said was a side effect.

Parents
  • He asked if I was good at reading emotions . I said I was average

I find those kind of questions so difficult; I can only ever think; "Compared to what?"; "Define 'good'."; "How would I know?". It's all too easy for us to under-report our unusual traits, because to us, having never known any different, we have no basis for comparison. It's good that your stepdaughter was able to be with you to support your assessment with an independent point of view.

How do you feel about this? Does what the Pdoc said ring true to you?

• It certainly rings much more true than paranoid pd.

• I was surprised and disappointed that there wasn't more replies to this thread. Feel as though people are saying I don't belong.

• I read it and thought "Oh, I guess that might be a positive."  But I didn't really have anything I could comment on because it wasn't really clear to me what you were asking or what sort of response you might be looking for.  It was essentially a list of stated premises which I could neither confirm nor deny.

• I read it and thought "Oh, I guess that might be a positive."  But I didn't really have anything I could comment on because it wasn't really clear to me what you were asking or what sort of response you might be looking for.  It was essentially a list of stated premises which I could neither confirm nor deny.

Children
No Data