Goodnight, and Good Luck

Exactly what it says...

Parents
  • I'm so sorry folks.  I didn't know what I was doing.  I was so drunk.

I went to an AA meeting, which didn't really help, but it stopped me from drinking for 2 hours.  I've drunk so much over the last couple of days that I can't even think straight any more.  I'm due to go back to work on Tuesday, and I'm freaking out.  Can't face the narcissist.  Can't face the exhausting responsibility.  I need to go to my GP tomorrow, and I promise I will.  I know now that I need help.  I've drunk two bottles of wine today because of the anxiety, and now I'm still drinking.  I can't go on like this.  I broke down in tears at the meeting.  I want to live.  But, at the same time, I hate my life.

Please... don't worry. I'll go to bed now and call my surgery in the morning.  If it means going sick from work, it does.

Thank you all for your concerns.  I assure you all I'm not attention-seeking.  My head is simply in a complete mess.

I'm so grateful to you all.  Ellie... thank you xxx

• This is truly my lowest point.  You people are all I've got.  Thank you for being there, from the bottom of my heart. xxx

• Tom ... your message is a great relief! You owe me some hair dye and Valium.. x

• Hi Tom, depression is a terrible affliction which affects people in many ways, and the way they deal with it.  I won't lecture you on the evils of drink, you know that already.  And I hope your visit to the GP is helpful.

Of course we worry about you!  You make many valuable contributions.  And no one deserves or should be in the place you were/are.  Some things are too much to tackle on your own, and the major part of getting to grips with any problem is to admit it is there.  So the future starts right now.

• What absolute dingbats. >> Facebook can be quite the toxic place. What a daft, insensitive (and frankly dangerous) way to treat someone obviously in deep distress.

Reply Children
No Data