How Other people see you

Hi i am 47 ive only recently had my diagnosis of High Functioning Autism 

Back in the 70s i was taken to the GPs and they just said i was an extraordinary naughty kid

so nothing was ever done about my behaviour as i progressed into Adult life it became obvious i had several abilities and skills that was just unexplainable 

and friends and family just thought i was just talented its when the other side of me came out the outbursts or stupid things i would do and say

i just couldn't explain why i would do things ok now that i have an explanation it doesn't forgive the things ive done in the past but certainly explains it 

Family and friends know about my diagnosis but even today they still dont accept it and i am to blame ,

Even today its still happening the outbursts in public or on Social Media i just can not see what i am doing there is no help available where i live 

and i am fed up of trying to explain to GPs or People why i have this condition would be easier if i walked around with a label on my forehead 

Parents
  • Hi there, thanks for taking the time to share your experience. It is very admirable and courageous of you to do so. I am not a professional by no means least. It is worth remembering you are a priority, you are special in every way. Please don't feel as if your being labelled it doesn't have to go that far. You are an individual with so much to give in this crazy yet big world. You have been through a lot to get to where you are now.

That itself is an milestone achievement. It is easy to forget the positive things you have done. But, the truth of the matter is you have achieved, contributed and fulfilled many aspects whether people's lives, grow as a person. It is those times that are worth cherishing because those things are priceless likewise yourself.

Please don't deprive yourself you do not have to prove anything to anyone. You are your own person. Don't suffer in silence if you do need help or support don't be hesitant to ask. That could be the difference between an open door or a closed one. Ultimately, you are in control of the live you lead. Remember you are just as important as anyone else.

What may have happened in the past has passed. At the same time, it is hard to simply let go. However, you have shown such desire and willingness to strive and that says a lot about you (in a positive light) more ways than one. Don't forget who you are, but remember you stand not everyone will accept or understand if your family/friends care for you they will be there equally as you are there for them.

You are not to blame, please don't be too hard on yourself. You are exceptional, incredible and unique in every way. There are various reasons why people display negative attitudes but you can't take responsibility or accountability for what they say or do. You have to put your needs first.

If you don't feel like explaining to a GP or people you can show it in alternative ways e.g. video, writing...

You are worthy of happiness, life is for living it is those moments you know you have to take full advantage of it. There are so many chances worth seizing don't the opportunity pass by. This is your life please don't let it get to waste.

• Hi there, thanks for taking the time to share your experience. It is very admirable and courageous of you to do so. I am not a professional by no means least. It is worth remembering you are a priority, you are special in every way. Please don't feel as if your being labelled it doesn't have to go that far. You are an individual with so much to give in this crazy yet big world. You have been through a lot to get to where you are now.

That itself is an milestone achievement. It is easy to forget the positive things you have done. But, the truth of the matter is you have achieved, contributed and fulfilled many aspects whether people's lives, grow as a person. It is those times that are worth cherishing because those things are priceless likewise yourself.

Please don't deprive yourself you do not have to prove anything to anyone. You are your own person. Don't suffer in silence if you do need help or support don't be hesitant to ask. That could be the difference between an open door or a closed one. Ultimately, you are in control of the live you lead. Remember you are just as important as anyone else.

What may have happened in the past has passed. At the same time, it is hard to simply let go. However, you have shown such desire and willingness to strive and that says a lot about you (in a positive light) more ways than one. Don't forget who you are, but remember you stand not everyone will accept or understand if your family/friends care for you they will be there equally as you are there for them.

You are not to blame, please don't be too hard on yourself. You are exceptional, incredible and unique in every way. There are various reasons why people display negative attitudes but you can't take responsibility or accountability for what they say or do. You have to put your needs first.

If you don't feel like explaining to a GP or people you can show it in alternative ways e.g. video, writing...

You are worthy of happiness, life is for living it is those moments you know you have to take full advantage of it. There are so many chances worth seizing don't the opportunity pass by. This is your life please don't let it get to waste.

Children
  • Thank you for your Kind words and wisdom its all very new and raw to me and my family just now yes it certainly explains a lot but does not forgive would certainly be easier for me if it did but its not that perfect a world for me lol 

again thank you for your time and words