Did anything good happen today? July 2018

So this is a place to share the good things that happen in our lives. They don't have to be huge even little tiny good things are good.

• Perfectly fine to use plugs,,also it depends on how the wall is constructed. If it was a stud wall then some kind of expanding plug would be needed as plaster board is thin and not very strong being made of Chalk!

if brick with plaster covering then also a rawplug to allow the metal screw to grip and expand into the dusty brick. If a picture is very light then a masonry nail would hold on most walls. If a jobs worth doing then it’s worth doing it well. You are doing so great song,,,keep it up. As with most things once the initial worry is gone it becomes easy. Oh and I hope you check for cables before drilling as they are usually hidden very shallow in the wall.

ToolsThumbsup

• They have frames and glass and hubby said I needed them, did I not need them? They felt quite heavy to me.

• Plugs? For picture hooks?

How heavy are the pictures?!?!

• I used the drill again. I put 3 picture hooks up on the wall in my son's room. I used rawl plugs and everything. As before I had hubby with me but I did the work and the clearing up.

Son is going to finish moving back home next week as well which is brilliant because he will have support then as well. (He doesn't need much support, just needs people around that love and understand him)

• He is a very brave little man to have taken part at all. Well done all 3 of you

• Thank you, I'm his proud mummy :-) but Daddy did get some pics & video.  He would only try the running one. It was loud and he is in year 1 so it was a lot for him.  He did great. 

• That's brilliant. And it's great to have a proud daddy/mummy in here.

What races did he do?

• Do you work in a school? Me too!

• I use the toilet at my work for this too, though it’s not dark and I barely breathe if someone comes in. It’s amazing how relaxing a place they can be though, as long as no ones done something god awful in there beforehand! 

• We had a semi successful day at school for sports day. My little man finished two races, he had a bit of melt down after the second one but I am very proud of him. Proud of my baby :-) 

• I managed to replace a lamp shade and bulb which looks prettier than the last. Every time I switch on the light I am prompted to remember this uplifting achievement.

• We have a separate toilet that has an automatic light, if you sit still it goes out quite quickly,,,,,just a suggestion if using the second one!

So sudden darkness and minimal back ground noise,,quite relaxing and a chance to just regather oneself before going back into the arena of life.

I could say to @Possibly Austistic that going deep into my own head is dark and peaceful but although it is sometimes in a dark area it certainly isn’t quite! Total opposite in fact,,,it never stops and at this time far to much  flicking of switches as I struggle to just keep going.

• The darkness sounds relaxing, but I don't like using public toilets as lots of other people use them and they look a mess lol. 

• Me again. Cute picture. This is myself all over.

...However, I also post in this Thread to say a "good" thing - for me, anyway... and that is the fact that it is a bit COOLER, now! (Still no rain, though...)

• I found this, which made me smile:

• I put up a curtain rail today all by myself. Well not quite all by myself, hubby was there directing me but I did all the work by myself. I even got to drill 6 holes in the wall.

• Sunday: I had a swim at high tide this morning - 8.30.  The water was wonderful!

Afterwards, I went to the opticians and ordered my new glasses.  They were doing a 2 for the price of 1 offer, so I ordered one pair with plain lenses and the other pair with transition lenses for sunlight and driving.

Now... I'm going to sit and read some Raymond Chandler stories Slight smile

• Just rung an opticians nearby to see if they have a couple of frames that I'd like to try for my new glasses - and they do!  So I'm off over to Faversham to try them.  I had an eye test the other week and the prescription has changed slightly, so it'll be good to get some new glasses.  I also got a letter today telling me I'm entitled to Working Tax Credits, which will help tremendously.  They paid me a backlog - enough to pay for the glasses!

• I’m up and out of bed, I’ve had a drink of water and showered (fluke, my son turned up!) and now I’m about to experience my first dragon boat racing event. I have little idea of what to expect but the sun is shinning and I’m outside enjoying it. I don’t think I saw day light last year, let alone spend any time in the sun. So today is a good day Blush

• Got up at 8 and had a swift 7-mile cycle ride, followed by a swim in the sea.  The sea is just right at the moment: still and warm.  A good way to start the day, at least.  Hopefully, it'll carry on the same way...