Did anything good happen today? July 2018

So this is a place to share the good things that happen in our lives. They don't have to be huge even little tiny good things are good.

Parents
  • I’m up and out of bed, I’ve had a drink of water and showered (fluke, my son turned up!) and now I’m about to experience my first dragon boat racing event. I have little idea of what to expect but the sun is shinning and I’m outside enjoying it. I don’t think I saw day light last year, let alone spend any time in the sun. So today is a good day Blush

• I’m up and out of bed, I’ve had a drink of water and showered (fluke, my son turned up!) and now I’m about to experience my first dragon boat racing event. I have little idea of what to expect but the sun is shinning and I’m outside enjoying it. I don’t think I saw day light last year, let alone spend any time in the sun. So today is a good day Blush

Children
  • I had an assessment yesterday for a place in supported accommodation for people with Autism and other disabilities and I was accepted! Relaxed.  I have struggled for so long living on my own in this flat that I am in now without any support and being around people who didn't understand my condition, didn't take the time to learn about it and who kept putting me down, such as my ex boyfriend and his friends. I was up all night the night before the assessment writing information down about myself and questions for then. I feel that I have really achieved something Relaxed