Anyone else have tidying issues?

Does anyone else have issues with tidying up and cleaning? I don't actually have a diagnosis but have strong traits of autism and probably some of adhd too. I find things like tidying, cleaning, doing the dishes etc incredibly difficult. It probably comes across as laziness but I quite literally cannot face doing these jobs and usually let them build up far too much so it's an absolute mission when I do do them. Does anyone else have this issue? And can anyone shed any light on why I find this so difficult or if there is anything I can do to make it easier?

Parents
  • Does anyone else have this issue? And can anyone shed any light on why I find this so difficult or if there is anything I can do to make it easier?

ADHD would explain some of the issues with completing "chores". I amused the Hell out my psychiatrist by providing him with photo's of my home taken "before ritalin" and "after ritalin". 

I realise this may not be an entirely popular suggestion, largely on environmental grounds. I quite often buy paper plates and plastic cutlery. Not having to do so much washing up is worth it.

*runs away*

• Love your reply JessicaJ ; you found a solution even if not ideal. Yes I see adhd and executive function issues here. I haven’t been brave enough to try Ritalin though. For you messy people ( me included) there is lots of adhd advice on this topic ( and others which overlap with asd) also on podcasts. I agree, messy, untidy, is one thing unclean and dirty is another.  It’s only becomes an problem if it adversely affects you  or the people you live with or becomes a hazard. There are other aspects too in that I really feel uncomfortable in somewhere pristinely clean and tidy and lacking “stuff” whereas others need things totally sparse or in order. It’s getting it to a level you think is ok for you. 

• Love your reply JessicaJ ; you found a solution even if not ideal. Yes I see adhd and executive function issues here. I haven’t been brave enough to try Ritalin though. For you messy people ( me included) there is lots of adhd advice on this topic ( and others which overlap with asd) also on podcasts. I agree, messy, untidy, is one thing unclean and dirty is another.  It’s only becomes an problem if it adversely affects you  or the people you live with or becomes a hazard. There are other aspects too in that I really feel uncomfortable in somewhere pristinely clean and tidy and lacking “stuff” whereas others need things totally sparse or in order. It’s getting it to a level you think is ok for you. 

Children
No Data