Anyone else have tidying issues?

Does anyone else have issues with tidying up and cleaning? I don't actually have a diagnosis but have strong traits of autism and probably some of adhd too. I find things like tidying, cleaning, doing the dishes etc incredibly difficult. It probably comes across as laziness but I quite literally cannot face doing these jobs and usually let them build up far too much so it's an absolute mission when I do do them. Does anyone else have this issue? And can anyone shed any light on why I find this so difficult or if there is anything I can do to make it easier?

Parents
  • Glad I'm not the only one, tho I thought keeping things clean and tidy/ordered was an Aspie/autistic trait.  I can remember often having a messy bedroom as a kid, my mum perhaps blames herself for not getting me to tidy up. I try and keep up with washing up, I'm quite good at that.  Sometimes I find mess frustrating, like clothes spilling out of a wardrobe. Sometimes I've sorted out items for the hospice shop.
    I think there was a time I would often scrub and clean as I think I feared violence from my then husband if I didn't do it.  However there's none of that  now. I think some of it is I do have varicose veins, so I find it difficult to stand for any length of time, so I do a bit , then sit, and sometimes I get caried awway by other things whilst sitting. 

• Glad I'm not the only one, tho I thought keeping things clean and tidy/ordered was an Aspie/autistic trait.  I can remember often having a messy bedroom as a kid, my mum perhaps blames herself for not getting me to tidy up. I try and keep up with washing up, I'm quite good at that.  Sometimes I find mess frustrating, like clothes spilling out of a wardrobe. Sometimes I've sorted out items for the hospice shop.
    I think there was a time I would often scrub and clean as I think I feared violence from my then husband if I didn't do it.  However there's none of that  now. I think some of it is I do have varicose veins, so I find it difficult to stand for any length of time, so I do a bit , then sit, and sometimes I get caried awway by other things whilst sitting. 

Children
No Data