Internet Radio Station

For all of you living in Wales, I am starting an internet radio station just for you. It's called WAM RADIO (Wales Autistic Media) Radio and is for anyone and everyone living with Autism including families and friends.

We are not on air yet, but check out the web site www.wamradio.co.uk  WAM is a not for profit and totally voluntary group and there are no costs getting involved but we will need donations to keep going.

At the moment the studio is in my house in Swansea which is not ideal, if anyone knows of somewhere locally that  WAM radio can have a studio please get in touch.

If you have any ideas or want to be involved please drop me a line.

Keep smiling and don't forget "Live life to your own beat"

• I've tried to contact you about this via email & via your website (which seems to now be non-functional) - yet haven't had an adequate reply to my query about assisting with your endevour with my skillsets that would be invaluble since almost a year ago, still citing 'looking for a home' when this and many other things I could've assisted you with. I have an unrivalled experience that I cannot put into practise elsewhere if you want to make this project a reality. Check your emails - Sincerely, DM CertHE

• The current schedule is just a starting point for when we goon air, I agree we need more talk and information shows, but to achieve this we need content and people to help pull it together.

As for music, if you want that calming soothing music like flowing water we will do it and that's what I'm trying to achieve and find out what people want.

But what we really want are people to join in and get involved .

• I am also not interested in music. I hate most music most of the time, unless it is something that calms me down, like flowing water. I prefer talking if I am listening something.

I visited your site and, judging by the schedule show titles, the station will be playing far too much music for my tastes.

There is a lack of talk stations but a huge number of music (and mixed) stations.

From my point of view, an opportunity has been missed. Still, I wish you luck.

• Thanks for your comment, getting the right level of music genres and talk shows is important. the schedule is not cast in stone and is just a starting point, in the future we will accommodate more talk and information shows as we progress.

The reality is we need more people to help find and produce the content, we also need people to get involved and tell us what they want to hear.

We are always looking for people to get involved, if anyone's interested drop me a line and Make A Difference.

• I visited your site and, judging by the schedule show titles, the station will be playing far too much music for my tastes.

I prefer talk stations (e.g. Radio 4Xtra). There is a lack of talk stations but a huge number of music (and mixed) stations.

From my point of view, an opportunity has been missed. Still, I wish you luck.