Undateables!

On more 4 now, has two people with autism.

not sure if it can be watched on catchup or similar?

no idea if it is a representation of real life or just sensationalised? I have watched a few before and it can unite individuals that go in to share their lives together.

x()x

12/04/2018,

time now 22:54.

• Hahaha, my dad had a Dolomite! Didn't know that though, the SAAB was a way cooler car imo. Mind you the 2.0 Sprint Dolomite was a beast. SAAB used that Viggen link to their full advantage!

• Lol, pretty much yeah! SAAB were speaking volumes without knowing it! I loved the advert as a kid where they absolutely killed the SAAB 900 Turbo through a quarry, that's how you sell a car.

On the subject of stuff getting stuck in your head that DongFeng5 and yourself were discussing. I find it hard to filter a lot of things out, I think that's pretty obvious though, lol.Wink

When are we going to have a Dacia Sandero thread?

• I liked the adverts for SAAB, in the 80s.: "A pity other Cars aren't designed this way", and especially the idea of buying "A Jet Fighter for the Road"

That's the thing, though. They weren't selling any such thing. Not a single gas turbine in sight. Disappointed

People were actually buying the engine from the Triumph Dolomite

ref: en.wikipedia.org/.../Triumph_slant-four_engine

• Given the amount of innuendo (& "Private Jokes") I seem to have triggered here, I had better let this go, here, sorry... (it was fun, though)...

You watch a great deal of TV, and think deeply and at length about what you've seen, correct?

Um... No, it just gets stuck in there, sometimes...

I didn't get any of that. Dacia Sandero thread anyone?

I liked the adverts for SAAB, in the 80s.: "A pity other Cars aren't designed this way", and especially the idea of buying "A Jet Fighter for the Road"..!

...But tweak a couple of words, and it applies to Autistic Frustration:..?

"...AUTISM. It's a pity other Humans aren't designed this way..." (!)

• Mmmm. Very interesting - mostly because I am suddenly realising more stuff about myself. 

You watch a great deal of TV, and think deeply and at length about what you've seen, correct?

• I thought it was just me, my brain's been doing that to me a lot recently so I've just been going with it and letting the dawning realisations happen in their own good time (fingers crossed).

• I didn't get any of that. Dacia Sandero thread anyone?

• This is likely My last post to this Thread for tonight. I apologise to anyone who did not follow this particular digression (with Japanese). This is what happens when I "Waffle", and so I do not often do so! Just ignore this last, if it suits anyone best...?

But - I  meant what I said about Mr. Warwick Davis, however... he is a brilliant man, who is able to accept "Disabillity" regardless of it being a "Disabillity",  OR NOT. And lack of tolerance and adaptabillity is the main trouble with this Society, and somewhat the point of this Thread and of that Television Programme.

But all of that is a very big topic for discussion, here or anywhere.

• Okay! Since it is you (DongFeng) and you posted using Japanese, I shall explain. ...in the manner of my previously begun Computing Thread (The ASCII Thread), you may recall...? It was a Thread which not everyone understood, yet many of us did, and so it became quite long thanks to yourself and also to the starter of this Thread, because we understood it...

A Thread about "トップギアル"ですな...? is what I meant. Not in Japanese, though. And it is still a digression for this Thread, and so I would not open discussion about it here. The Sodium and eel salesman is a famous gag, just like: "Can Officer John McClane Operate The Horn"?

In closing, I should say that there are a lot of Threads which I think of opening, and others have already opened. Star Trek, My Little Pony, and Pokemon, are along the lines of what I was suggesting. But not to begin discussion, here. This is not about any of that.... Thank You for your tolerance, Mr. LoneWarrior...

• Sodium And Eel Salesman

Sorry, you've lost me there, DC. 

• 三菱グループ exist to turn the landscape grey, so a cityscape is actually quite appropriate since it emphasises what an industrial complex does when it has free rein?

Glad to speak to you again, Mr.DongFeng5 (I miss the Computing Thread!)...

Regarding what I quote, there, this is very true. Four Wheel Drive and better suspension is what I would reply... but that was one of many digressions mentioned in my Poat, there, and I am wholly uncertain of which digressions are acceptable to others here including the starter...!

..."Sodium And Eel Salesman" Thread, anyone...?

• the "Sponsor" was Mitsubushi, and I would like to be able to pick up and remove the CITY to replace it with Mountains and WoodLand

Why?

三菱グループ exist to turn the landscape grey, so a cityscape is actually quite appropriate since it emphasises what an industrial complex does when it has free rein?

• You do wonder why Channel 4 didn't go the whole hog and just use the title "You're weird and no one wants to have sex with you

JoyJoyJoy

Careful. If you encourage them, they might just try combining the format with that other one where the suitors start out naked...

• Thanks to some Upvotes, I may dare to Post what I wanted to waffle before, here...

First was, in support of a lot of earlier Posts. Yes it is edited, scripted, pre-prepared, it must make "good television". What I wanted to add was that most people - including children - do act differently in front of a Camera.

Second, very irrelavently, what I most liked was not so much the programme but the broadcast - Even upon the "Are you Autistic?" Programme, the "Sponsor" was Mitsubushi, and I would like to be able to pick up and remove the CITY to replace it with Mountains and WoodLand, just like that...!

Lastly, the main person I liked was the Dwarf +Negroid Lady. This was good to see, for I happen to admire a Mr.Warwick Davis a lot... he is talented, witty, and accepting - a very rare combination...

For example, Mr.Warwick Davis hosts a quiz show called "Tenables" currently, yet I much liked his own appearence upon the show called "Room 101":: When a Doll's House appeared, he said something like: "As you can see, this is built to scale for me!..." ...and it is this kind of acceptance which is needed in this kind of world. (With good Humour.)

Hope anyone understands this Post (and waffle)...?

• I commend your use of P.Y.T., overlooked song really! The speed dating part of that was daft. The girls all looked sort of TOWIE and were all part of some ASD Sex in the City gang. It did prove a point though, to me at least. If you wear a costume to conform, you will find someone else who looks like a clone. A bit cynical but yeah.....

• Um... Greetings, all... I would like to write something else here, in addition to my very much supporting this Thread and the answers to it... but I have too much to say to narrow it down... I do like this Thread, Thank You.

...The TV Programme was like that "Are You Autistic?" thing, awhile back. (Lots of "P.Y.T."s)...

• Do you think that it is an idea in terms of raising awareness a good thing though.... i.e. an issue of the method and not the message...

...in terms of those "undateables" are also human and share humanities desire to connect and seek solace with others?

• that sounds more appropriate - i find that show so problematic, it pushes the idea of segregation and inequality, like we're nothing more than zoo animals

• how about is a programme titile... (but its not catchy...)

"People who do not easily conform to fixed societal expectations of normality trying to jump through the hoops of western cultures characterisation of courtship and relationships"