PIP application

My daughter has Aspergers or High Functioning autism as they call it now.  She is now 18 so can apply for PIP herself.  A previous application 2 years ago was tuned down despite an appeal. At that time she only got 6 points but they didn't understand that she finds travel confusing and gets stressed and anxious outside her comfort zone.  Comments like why doesnt she use Google maps is not very hepful : (   .What we desperately need is someone or an organisation to help us complete the form.  Unfortunately there is very little help in the Bromley area so happy to go anywhere within reason!  The Burgess Autistic trust helped before but we didn't get anywhere.  Grateful for any help / suggestions. Thank you. 

Parents
  • I'm Asperger's too and am currently submitting a PIP Claim. 

There is a website called www.benefitsandwork.com, which will help you tremendously.

Get a 1 year subscription and download their 90 page Guide To PIP.

I have ADHD, Aspergers and Bipolar, so completing forms is hell for me: This guide is really helping.

There is also a forum, where there is loads of advice, and the site owner, Gordon, knows his stuff inside out, and also replies to messages.

I postponed applying for PIP, as I find these processes simply overwhelming, but now I am on top of it.

I'm sure this sitecan help you.

Stay positive; the PIP process is designed to make you give up, but you will, eventually, get what you are entitled to.

My best wishes. Slight smile

• I'm Asperger's too and am currently submitting a PIP Claim. 

There is a website called www.benefitsandwork.com, which will help you tremendously.

Get a 1 year subscription and download their 90 page Guide To PIP.

I have ADHD, Aspergers and Bipolar, so completing forms is hell for me: This guide is really helping.

There is also a forum, where there is loads of advice, and the site owner, Gordon, knows his stuff inside out, and also replies to messages.

I postponed applying for PIP, as I find these processes simply overwhelming, but now I am on top of it.

I'm sure this sitecan help you.

Stay positive; the PIP process is designed to make you give up, but you will, eventually, get what you are entitled to.

My best wishes. Slight smile

Children