Lone Spotty Warriors and Missfit Elephants

I joined the forum in  Summer ‘17... tentative, spooked... eyes wide open, full of hope... eyes in headlights.  I found great friends and we sailed to autophia... our own Aspie Island... solace, care for each other, connection, reassurance...

They are many on this online island who share such care for one another. Thank you to everyone who has made this boat stay afloat.... and steered it to the right horizon

@LoneWarrior

@Missfit61 

Parents
  • Hello .. this post made me smile.. I only just found it. We had quite some times didn’t we. Have you ever thought of writing Poetry Lonewarrior? You have a great way with words  I will write more tomorrow but now I need sleep. ()()()

• Hi Missy!

Hope you're ok.  Escaped early today as been at a job interview - I've been up since 4am! - simply cream crackered! - Keep everything crossed guys!!  

ASD and job interviews aren't a great combination - being put under scrutiny, different surroundings, a change of routine, different people to try and work out!

phew!

How are you Missy... I hope you are feeling a little better.... sending you a virtual chocolate muffin!! - just as tasty...but without the calories!!

• Hi Ellie sounds like you had a veeeerrrryyy long day!

Hope the job interview went your way, yes I can imagine it was a difficult experience with a massive change of routine and everything being new and unknown. As you say putting yourself up to be judged can never be easy. 

I imagine you coped admirably despite all of that, your professionalism would have shone through and your kind and sensitive nature cannot be hidden or lost in interpretation.

Get as much rest as you can as I imagine tomorrow will be back to the grindstone! No let up is there, 

I had  a half day training session which kind of got me very anxious but luckily it was ok and quite an informal thing. Was worried i wouldn’t find the place but even that wasn’t to bad. 

I did get very bad stomach pain which is probably stress related as things have been a bit full on just lately.

Hoping to set sail again soon! As you say there is plenty of room for others. All aboard, only two things you need, and that is a spirit for adventure and the ability to go with the flow.

This is our way of escaping reality, we go on adventures and make it up as we go, 

I think once you get the general idea you will enjoy the crazy nonsense as we do.

x()x()x()x.

• Hi Ellie sounds like you had a veeeerrrryyy long day!

Hope the job interview went your way, yes I can imagine it was a difficult experience with a massive change of routine and everything being new and unknown. As you say putting yourself up to be judged can never be easy. 

I imagine you coped admirably despite all of that, your professionalism would have shone through and your kind and sensitive nature cannot be hidden or lost in interpretation.

Get as much rest as you can as I imagine tomorrow will be back to the grindstone! No let up is there, 

I had  a half day training session which kind of got me very anxious but luckily it was ok and quite an informal thing. Was worried i wouldn’t find the place but even that wasn’t to bad. 

I did get very bad stomach pain which is probably stress related as things have been a bit full on just lately.

Hoping to set sail again soon! As you say there is plenty of room for others. All aboard, only two things you need, and that is a spirit for adventure and the ability to go with the flow.

This is our way of escaping reality, we go on adventures and make it up as we go, 

I think once you get the general idea you will enjoy the crazy nonsense as we do.

x()x()x()x.

Children
  • Not to mention the great big bowl of ice cream and a bottle of whatever takes your fancy.....cheers, 

x()x

• The trick is to swim as fast as you can to keep up with the wave, then you can enjoy the whole experience and glide gently into the soft golden sand of tranquility. Where you can settle down and take in the warm gentle rays of a golden sun. Hopefully with another good swimmer.

x()x

• Yes they do!

Swept along on a wave of immense magnitude that rises up suddenly scooping  you up and lifting you to an ever increasing high. Then after a short time of uncertainty and wobbling about trying to stay balanced it gently begins to slow and as it reaches the land it lowers you gently into the soft sand of stability.

Lol.

Edited to lighten it up.

• All aboard, only two things you need, and that is a spirit for adventure and the ability to go with the flow.

Do aspies “flow?”