Need help understanding assessment process

Hi, 

I feel I'm either bot understanding well (a typical thing with me) or I'm not being explained it very Well.

I have been refered by my doctor for an assessment of aspergers, I saw refered for an initial assesment who asked me to do some autism questionnaire and asked me some questions.

I was then called a few days later to advise I'm on a waiting list to see a physcologist.

My question is if I have been put in a waiting list does this mean they suspect I Have it? If I had scores low on these questionnaire to say I didn't then would that mean they didn't put me on a waiting list to see a  physcologist ? 

And what can i expect from seeing a physcologist ?

Thank you 

Parents
  • Hi Nadielou,

My assessment process was similar.  I was referred by my GP, then had an initial assessment (at home) based on my AQ score.  I was asked some further questions about my life, behaviours, things I struggled with.  I then had a call to say I was being put forward for a formal diagnosis.  I was told that there was good reason to believe it was worth it.  In other words - if they hadn't thought it was worth it, I wouldn't have got that call.

I then waited about 8 months, I think, for the appointment with the psychologist.

At that appointment, I was asked further - more in-depth - questions for about an hour.  My mother, who went with me, was also interview separately.  The final diagnosis came through a couple of months later.

I'm not sure they would be taking it this far with you if they didn't think there was any point.  So, it looks promising.

Good luck - though you can expect to wait a while, most likely, until you get to the top of the waiting list.

Tom

• If you can cope with the idea you can always ask to go on a cancellation list, you will be seen faster then.

Reply Children
No Data