Are there any women here?

Hi, I’m new to the forum and want to know if there are any women here online (I’m a  female professional in my early 40s). From reading some posts you are out there but kind of in the minority....I am hoping to seek diagnosis very soon and would appreciate knowing I’m not alone out here..! Thank you

Parents
  • Hi im a female im 29 n from the uk

• Hi I'm female newish here. Ive replied to a couple of blogs and even asked a question but then have no clue how to get back to find thread or replies,  so apologies in advance if you never hear from me again.  I have a 13 year old with Aspergers and going down that long diagnosis with him was like an awakening that I've got ASD too! Now considering asking for a diagnosis too, would seriously save me having to put the nt face on every day at work, so exhausting.

• I’m constantly trying to figervout how to use this forum, I get so muddled about were to put reply’s and follow threads? Any tips from those that use it regularly and have learned. How it works?

Reply Children
  • Hi Spotty....nice to meet a fellow tree branch.... hope you’re ok and hanging on even though things are tough for you at the moment x

• Thx for the compliment :-)

I find tiddling away with a quarter of my fingertip surface on a phone a real trial too - and my arms get tired. To add to the smart - my eyesight has come out of the closet as being 40+

Typing on a computer is much better - although then I tend to use too many words in a short space of time and possibly not enough reflection.

I'm so sorry you are having a hard time with everything. Are they making you wait long?  

• Very well explained Procrastinator! It's very confusing and much rasier to 'see' and understand on a desktop or laptop than on a mobile device. Frankly I don't know how anyone manages on just a mobile device.

Hello all new people! I'm 49 and awaiting diagnosis having a hard time with everything.

• Thank you Procrastinator, I totally now understand how to reply properly and what has happened to other replies that have gone 'missing' they're lost in the branches. 

• If you want to reply to the "main topic" you need to press their reply button. So if you want to reply to Talented Mute's original post about being new and wondering if there are any other ASD women - you need to hit the reply button immediately under her original post.

Two days ago NAS36625 answered the original post saying she is female too from uk.

Then ASDxx2 also said hi, saying she is female too and newish, she hit the reply button under NAS3665's post. So she didn't reply to Talented mute's original post. So her hello won't be one of the main answers but is a "sub-answer" to the main thread.

Tabatha, you replied to ASDx2. And I am replying to you.

The reply "thread" should not be called "threads" but "branches". The main post is the tree trunk. Then you have the large branches (the immediate answers to the main question) and then it branches off endlessly. If you come into the conversation on the small branches, it gets really confusing and impossible to retrieve!!!