Advice getting an adult ASD diagnosis?

Hello,

I am a 22 year old female trying to figure out how to get tested for ASD (Aspergers), my family and I strongly believe I have it, even from a young age. I am struggling so much with it and a diagnosis should hopefully get me the help I desperately need. I went to my GP yesterday to ask for help, but I got the door slammed in my face essentially, the GP said there is nobody in Lincolnshire UK that will diagnose ASD for adults, only children, he said there is nothing he can do, he did not want to give me the time of day. 

Since then I've been driving myself crazy, researching around online to look for anyone, anywhere that can offer advice about this situation, which is why I decided to come here, to people that really understand what I'm going through and will be able to give me the best advice. 

If you have any ideas, please do let me know, I'm so stressed and upset over this whole situation.

Thank you.

Parents Reply
  • Hi caretwo, I have contacted LAS in my area and they have replied just a moment ago, their reply was very brief but I'm hoping they will reply again to me and give a bit more information on what exactly I need to do in this situation. :)

Children
No Data