Antisocial vs not being very good at being social

I wonder how many of us are seen as being antisocial when the issue is more a difficulty in knowing how to, or a fear/aversion to socially engaging with others?
Is there a tendency for some people to conflate sociopathy with ASD/Asperger's/Autism?

Parents
  • well the problem is us aspies cant read other people and adjust our social imagination accordingly. For example a criminal looking person might offer us something and we except because we want to be friends but later find ourselves in trouble with the law.. We couldn't read the situation and what other peoples intentions are. Its fascinating I've gone my whole life oblivious to social protocol but I'm learning these things now that seem to come as second nature to other people

• well the problem is us aspies cant read other people and adjust our social imagination accordingly. For example a criminal looking person might offer us something and we except because we want to be friends but later find ourselves in trouble with the law.. We couldn't read the situation and what other peoples intentions are. Its fascinating I've gone my whole life oblivious to social protocol but I'm learning these things now that seem to come as second nature to other people

Children
No Data