Antisocial vs not being very good at being social

I wonder how many of us are seen as being antisocial when the issue is more a difficulty in knowing how to, or a fear/aversion to socially engaging with others?
Is there a tendency for some people to conflate sociopathy with ASD/Asperger's/Autism?

Parents
  • Yes, sounds familiar. The really odd thing is that when things are o.k. for me I'm seen as very helpful, easy to approach and other positive things, but when something is wrong and I overreact (because I may actually be reacting to something entirely different) then people find it most logical that my character must have changed or they suddenly interpret the same things that were once seen as positives in a completely negative way and again this can only be explained by a bad character change.

• Yes, sounds familiar. The really odd thing is that when things are o.k. for me I'm seen as very helpful, easy to approach and other positive things, but when something is wrong and I overreact (because I may actually be reacting to something entirely different) then people find it most logical that my character must have changed or they suddenly interpret the same things that were once seen as positives in a completely negative way and again this can only be explained by a bad character change.

Children