Having baths or showers

Probably totally irrelevant but I'll ask it anyway. Do any of you have problems with bathing? With me the thought of doing so can cause much anxiety. I have to mentally steel myself to do it.

Parents Reply Children
  • Hello fire monkey, this has been talked about before, but as you ask! I am a smelly being, Lol.

No seriously I am, if it were my choice I probably would not wash at all, I was most happy when I was a biker! Dirty greasy biker, oh bliss,

it kept people away, apart from other bikers and open minded free thinking people. So that was a good thing.

I am thinking that bathing is a construct not that old here in our country!

Just look back and see vinegrets being carried to blot out the stench of others, waste tipped freely onto the street, unbelievable now But was the accepted norm then,

So bathing,aftershave,grooming is a rule constructed over time, agreed by the rich who begrudgingly allowed the poor to do the same, ok there was profit to be made by the rich who invented such things as soap in bars, flushing toilets, fragrances that even the poor could own!

My  long winded point to all this ? We on the spectrum seem to be earthy people, we accept nature so freely, the rules we see are not to our liking, we struggle to accept or follow them, we are the right beings, simple in our wants, not assuming, we want simple. Ways, to be listened to,understood for just being us! Accepted regardless of how we are. All simpleveasy things, not demanding, but Society continues to construct ever more complex ways, grooming,following new trends, dieting to fit expectations or predjudice to those who are slightly more cuddly, 

I never judge anyone by shape size colour. I look for “eyes wide open beings” my favourite expression,Beings that see past all the nonesense that MUST be followed, yes we follow but not with enthusiasm, but to just exhist, we cope, we struggle,we adapt, never fitting in, 

Inlike your ways, I feel your struggles, you have eyes wide open, you are ok ny me, Inhear you, I listen, I accept, no judgement on why you are you,

I researched the subject you mentioned earlier, Ibfound it contradictory st first, but eventually got what it meant, Non Verbal,but verbal, I don’t see that in you, I know it is more complex and think I understand it, I may be wrong, 

you speak well, I see so much emotion, the way you articulate, you understand pain, you FEEL sorrow, you show anger,frustration. I can see that, you are not just using language without realising the meaning of it, That is a key factor in the diagnosis of NVLD.

You are one of us! You are being misunderstood due to poor diagnosisvearly on in your life, 

When here you communicate well, you show emotion, we get that, if you were as described by the experts do you not think we would see that?

You come across as many do, angry frustrated that the NT experts don’t listen, they assume, they do not understand us fully, 

I am proud to invite you to talk here as one of us, free to express, speak your mind, share your feelings, I for one will listen, 

I have wanted to respond to a lot of your threads but I had to think long and hard before doing so, I wanted to be honest and free in my opinion. 

My foggy brain can be a tricky thing at times, 

anyway welcome fellow tribe member, enjoy your stay.

() x