Any other autistics who have never been depressed or on meds?

I feel like I'm the only one!! Life is hard, I get stressed, I have severe anxiety and many phobias, as well as a degree of OCD. But I'm not depressed and my mood is mostly stable. I have had meltdowns (we just called them tantrums back in the day), but they blew over and I recovered quickly. I just follow my routine and interests and keep on an even keel. I don't work, which probably helps, and am single. I was diagnosed before my sense of difference really hit me, and I was late to develop awareness, or really care about being different.

I receive a lot of support, which helps. 

Parents
  • I'm learning that within the support group that I attend, several fellow attendees are diagnosed autistic and something else. I may be in a slight minority in that I am diagnosed Aspergers and do not appear to have any other significant diagnosable condition, though I am fairly anxious on a day to day basis.

The one time I had clinical depression my GP offered my anti-depressants, explaining that these could be used as a tool to help me come out of the depression, and once back on a more even keel, there would be no further use for them. I declined these based on an experience with sleeping tablets, which I took once and left me feeling very woolly in the head: I really disliked being 'numbed' by the sleeping tablets and being left with a lack of lucidity.

• I'm learning that within the support group that I attend, several fellow attendees are diagnosed autistic and something else. I may be in a slight minority in that I am diagnosed Aspergers and do not appear to have any other significant diagnosable condition, though I am fairly anxious on a day to day basis.

The one time I had clinical depression my GP offered my anti-depressants, explaining that these could be used as a tool to help me come out of the depression, and once back on a more even keel, there would be no further use for them. I declined these based on an experience with sleeping tablets, which I took once and left me feeling very woolly in the head: I really disliked being 'numbed' by the sleeping tablets and being left with a lack of lucidity.

Children
No Data