The wait is over!

2 hours ago the letter confirming my diagnosis as Autistic dropped through the letterbox... the relief is ENORMOUS! I'm 52 now and have always known that I was different but couldn't explain it. Years of trying to understand my past and fix myself with the wrong service manual (I'm an electronic technician by trade) are over. I'm sure I'm gonna experience many different moods over the coming days and weeks but for now I just wanted to officially say hi to my new tribe and celebrate!

Aspie n proud!

Parents
  • Great! I'm sure you will have days when the doubts inevitably creep in, but those doubts usually go away quite quickly. Especially with your upbeat attitude. I would imagine that yours is an occupation that is capable of rewarding those who can think outside the box. If so, that's a big advantage.

• Great! I'm sure you will have days when the doubts inevitably creep in, but those doubts usually go away quite quickly. Especially with your upbeat attitude. I would imagine that yours is an occupation that is capable of rewarding those who can think outside the box. If so, that's a big advantage.

Children
  • Sadly electronics is now relegated to a hobby rather than a career. The throw away society and the move to digital electronics has made my love of analogue TV/radio/video/audio etc a largely obsolete skill. I'm not into computing or IT at all, PCs etc do my head in! Apart from a couple of short lived part time jobs I haven't worked since 2006 when I left my job in higher ed... partly due to the move to digital, partly cos of personal problems with co-workers and most importantly so I could be a Home Dad to then 1 year old son (and later a second son in 2009)... a job I still do now.