Fed up

i'm a 29 yr old man with aspergers syndrome I haven't worked for 5 years I live alone have no friends and don't know how to get out of this rut I'm in I'm fed up with ritualistic/repetitive behaviours I see my whole life passing by In front of me I just want it all to go away I just want a normal life I literally do the same thing everyday, wander into town have breakfast come home play games watch t.v this isn't the life I wanted I should have a job a family ect I ******* hate the world

*Edited by Moderator

Parents
  • thanks guys, this thread has helped more than you know. Good advice! I need to broaden my horizons, break out of this not so comforting zone. Money is tight but I could save up and go abroad next year I drive but have no car so I could save for one. I could take up poetry or art, stop playing games. I gave up smoking last Christmas and got heavily into vaping its something I would like to stop too but the nicotine withdrawals are so bad, perhaps I could buy a tent and camp out in the woods for a week far away from any nicotine sources until it goes away maybe I'm just crazy tho lol

• Hi NAS35296! Just wanted to say we are taking over your thread somewhat, but I hope it allows you to see there are possibilities to having something to do rather than just work, volunteer to help others, help build if you can,many people feed and house volunteers in payment for work.

I hope you get some inspiration from all of our dreams and aspirations, x()x

• Totally Lonewarrior. I think that whatever we write on here, it's for all of us and @NAS35296, I have been thinking of you, especially when I'm feeling all exhausted and desperate, not to say that you are, but to say, hey, I really know how you feel and no matter how much we want out of this, sometimes it feels impossible, but those times pass if we allow them and allow ourselves to think differently. To think outside of the NT box and think about what we actually want. When we get a picture or an idea of how we would like our life to be, not from an nt perspective, but from our own perspective, then we CAN achieve it. For example, whether I like it or not, I just can't be around people too much, so I am creating a life where my contact with other people is only (or largely) with the people I want it to be with and for how long etc. Start with you and think about what you want and what would make an ideal world for you and you honestly CAN achieve it.

• The link I didn’t post! Has been added,

I sometimes get things wrong,apologies,

As I said I don’t know if it is good or bad? But it shows there are options and these opportunities do exhist.

Thank you ellie for pointing out my mistake!

http://www.thepoosh.org/

just to add for clarity! I have now posted this link in the original post, normally as soon as you get a reply to a post you can no longer edit that post!

hence this being added, ah well?

I am tired and  my head is full of mist tonight, surprised I remember how to add links!

• Hi, I think I responded to this last night but probably didn't push send because I was rather tired. Either that or am going mad. I kind of refer to option two by default. 

Anyway. I joined this forum a couple of years back. But got sidetracked with lots of stuff post my autism diagnosis. But in a way my journey to getting diagnosed as an adult maybe of some help to the original poster that started this thread. 

You see prior to my diagnosis. I was very much like him. Fed up. Had pretty much given up on going anywhere and socialize and was in a huge slump. I was also having a pretty major case of anxiety and other things that relate to that. 

Long story short. My sister suggested I try a talking therapy called CBT. So I got a referral from my GP and talked everything out. Turns out I was pretty depressed but also felt that I didn't have a purpose. Even though I'd been running a pretty nice website and had done interviews with all sorts of famous US TV stars from the world of science fiction and fantasy. I was feeling bad within myself and rather anxious about the state of things in general. 

The CBT Therapist I got was really, really good. She figured out what my interests were and pretty much identified that I was a creative and signposted a few places where I could go and do classes and whatnot as a starting point. To basically get me out the house and doing stuff. I was basically shut in. 

I also talked with her a bit about how autism was talked about with regards to me when I was a kid but said I was unsure of whether I actually had an official diagnosis. So she did the AQ test with me and I scored 38. From there she got my doctor to refer me to the Mental Health diagnostic team in my area and my life is now so much better than it was. 

I help out at a local art centre as a volunteer helping people learn guitar and I am also working a little bit now.  

So my advice to the original poster is don't give up. You have to make the change, which I know is a big step for people like us. But it can be done. It just a matter of trying different things and finding out what works for you. I started by just going to one thing and gradually built things up. It's not a race. You can go at your own pace and you don't have to stick with stuff if you don't think its working for you. You are the one in control. 

• Yes, there are many truly wonderful opportunities out there, including places in Hawaii!!! You have to do a bit of research as there are some dodgy deals out there but there are certainly many rewarding opportunities, in all corners of the world. I have considered many of them myself but I've got my path now but yeah, there are so many great opportunities out there.

• Are you going to post the link? Eyes 

Reply Children
No Data