Fed up

i'm a 29 yr old man with aspergers syndrome I haven't worked for 5 years I live alone have no friends and don't know how to get out of this rut I'm in I'm fed up with ritualistic/repetitive behaviours I see my whole life passing by In front of me I just want it all to go away I just want a normal life I literally do the same thing everyday, wander into town have breakfast come home play games watch t.v this isn't the life I wanted I should have a job a family ect I ******* hate the world

*Edited by Moderator

Parents Reply Children
  • Change is a big one to deal with full stop, but sometimes it is needed to counteract any ruts we find ourselves in.

Change can be broken down into small steps, so it is easier to manage.  Think about what you would like to change and pick one of those things and break it down into smaller chunks.  So for example, you say you do the same things everyday, pick one of those things to change.

I am trying the same thing at the moment with exercise.  I used to be very fit, but I have hit a rut that I am struggling to get out of due to routine and fatigue combined.  So I am starting to incorporating walks into my routine.  Instead of driving to the shops, I will walk.  Instead of playing on my computer games for say 2 hours, I will instead spend 1 hour on my computer and 1 hour walking.  From here I will build myself up into jogging and maybe some other exercise, but it is all baby steps.  If I went straight in at hard exercise like I used to be able to do, it would stress me out both mentally and physically too much and would make me feel worse.

Break everything down into steps and you will be able to do it.