Involuntary outbursts when alone - sort of Tourette's

Very recently diagnosed with ASD. Does anyone else get a sort of mild Tourette's? When I am alone I tend to say things that I'm thinking, or come out with an involuntary groan or word. It happens particularly when I think of something embarrassing. Is this an ASD thingy? Thanks!

• this discussion is over 2 years old ! why  not open a new discusion fined tuned to ur needs ? if u dnt know how  u could send me the text and I'll open one for u  ( i'll cut and paste in your text ) 

• Hi I do this aswell expecially if I'm in an anxious situation or a quite room with a lot of people and it will always be something embarrassing or something that's just wrong because it's the last thing you would want to think of, I've never met anyone else who does it. But I've never hear myself doing it either. 

• Same Joy not Star Trek things but similar 

• This thread is quite enlightening for me. I have always made odd noises to myself when I am thinking things through & had previously blamed it on Star Wars, i.e. in my twenties I used to talk to myself in R2D2 language when no-one else was around.

Nowadays I usually blurt out weird phrases in some nonsense language that sounds almost Russian, but with some of the words being spoken backwards. Just to be clear, I can't speak any foreign languages (unless you count things like DOS & C++), so I'm not sure where the Russian thing came from.

When they are in a more positive & constructive mood, my internal voice(s) like to do weird impressions too, with a frequent favourite being Majel Barrett's computer voice from 'Star Trek Next Gen' when I need a reminder to do something. My sub-conscious seem to get bored easily & also sometimes adds sound effects to everyday things inside my head, e.g. Star Trek sound effects when I open doors.

• I used to talk to myself all the time, now I tend to say "damn" a lot when things are not going to plan, hence I have been wondering whether I have developed Tourette's or released myself to allow myself to have it instead of fighting it. Personally I tend not to worry about it, I just try to keep the volume down, which can be hard when one can't hear oneself properly.

• I have just gone "monkey" at your monkey emoji as that is one of my compulsion words!

• I have the swearing tic Speak no evil I think it's fortunate though, for me anyway, because I wouldn't know how to express myself sometimes if I didn't swear 

• Ha!, took me a minute to get that...

Fortunately I don't have a swearing tic, just some very odd ones....

• Tfw...? With the Tourette’s theme going on, shouldn’t that be w.t.f.? 

• Yeah I do this - either random noises or words, or a compulsion to repeat certain words I see or hear, in a silly voice.

• This thread title really caught my eye. When I am at home alone I make lots of noises and say random words that feel a bit like a tic. When completely alone I often voluntarily burp and follow it immediately with the word ‘donkey’ I can’t tell you why because I don’t know other that it feels satisfying and the word just kond of comes out

• I do suffer from a mild Tourette's, when I think I'm on my own.  But I am not!!!!.  I live in a block of flats and often my windows are open and so are my neighbours.  They obviously can hear me, although at the time I am unaware of them.

• I talk gibberish a lot (sometimes when I'm not on my own!)  I come out with nonsense words, which I find it easy to make up.  I'll speak a sentence out loud of completely made up nonsense words.  For instance, I might go into the bathroom, look at the towel draped over the bath, and say 'Mm... plenge-ramps.'  I've no idea what it means, or whether it's a noun or an adjective.  I'll just say it, spontaneously.  Maybe some of it stems from my love of nonsense verse, and 'The Goons' (Spike Milligan was heavily influenced by the nonsense poets... needle-nardle-noo!)

At work, I sometimes do it for the amusement of others, and myself.  I'll go into a room and say to whoever is there 'I need to get some do-dahs for the wossname.  Do you know where the thingumyjigs are?'

• When I’m on my own sometimes I would talk gibberish... although never did it public I was getting embarrassed anyway, I couldn’t get why I’m doing it.

Also I’ve got a thought always the same two words quite bad, which bothers me because it is towards God ... I remember it since I was a child.

• No, nothing as harmless as that. If it had been that I would have said it but it was the one from the slimming group scene where the leader makes out she can’t understand the Asian lady. I wanted to say, curry, no sorry, I don’t want curry ...!!!! 

Talking to other autistic people is even better than talking to yourself because no response or understanding is required and when we’ve all got something to say, we simply talk (shout) over the top of each other. It’s so much fun. Our conversations are often totally random and we hardly ever listen to each other and neither do we pretend to! I love it. Oh, and I swear all the time but they do hear that!!!! Lol! And they tell me off! 

• Computer says no'?

That is one of my favourite! I usually only allowed myself to use it with my wife, she didn’t get it why I kept repeating it. I didn’t get it why she is not getting it. ;) 

• make an involuntary exclamation ('Uhh!')

I do that too... quite often after phone conversations when I use all this chit chat and all this greetings etc.

• I'm not sure if it's an ASC thing - but I do it a lot.  I've even had it drawn to my attention by people who accidentally overhear me.  If I think of something embarrassing, too - like kissing someone - I make an involuntary exclamation ('Uhh!')  I've tried to exercise control over it, but it still catches me out.  Separately... another thing I constantly do when I'm concentrating on anything at all - reading, writing, driving - is to chew my tongue.  I've done it since I was a child.  I can never stop it.  I'm not sure why it is, but maybe it's a form of stimming.  Again, I've had it pointed out to me a lot.  At school, I was often told off for chewing in class - but it wasn't gum!  I once filmed myself playing a short piano piece.  I was going to upload it to YouTube.  But when I played it back, I looked like I was eating a rubber ball.  It was the first time I realised just how severe and noticeable it is.

• Just realised I said this or somerhing similar 8 months ago.

perhaps there is a copybot within me.

• I do sometimes come out with bad words under my breath which for the purposes of this forum I will say describe in fruity language parts of the human body.

This is involuntary and usually happens when I am in a crowd or on a train  and my mind wanders. I only realise I am saying them after they have been emitted,and I hope they are inaudible to others.

I find this embarrassing, not least because I do not use such words usually as I find it offensive.

Perhaps it is just some sort of stress relief but not one I am easy with