Involuntary outbursts when alone - sort of Tourette's

Very recently diagnosed with ASD. Does anyone else get a sort of mild Tourette's? When I am alone I tend to say things that I'm thinking, or come out with an involuntary groan or word. It happens particularly when I think of something embarrassing. Is this an ASD thingy? Thanks!

Parents
  • Yeah, I talk to myself as well, a lot, although like others on here, I try not to do it when in company. And yes, I can also get words stuck in my head for various different reasons, whether I just like the sound of it or it's a new word or whatever

• I will get words or phrases stuck in my head too. I have two phrases that  just pop into my head at random times for no reason whatsoever. One is "What would win in a fight between a badger and a bear?" and the other is "I can't wait to immigrate." It sounds ridiculous having typed it out, especially as I have no idea where they originate from. But know I have started I may as well tell you that when I see certain words I will read it as it is, then read it again with the first letter missing, then the next letter until only the last letter of the word remains then repeat the whole process, but backwards until I have the original word.

So for example:

The word "mention", would become "ention", then "ntion" then, tion and so on.

• Thanks for sharing that, they're great examples Slight smile

Reply Children
No Data