Quotes - quotes about Aspergers - others quotes to you

What quotes would you give about Aspergers - your own or other quotes

What have others said to you about Aspergers? 

Parents
  • On telling my metaphysics tutor, who I never felt comfortable with, her reply was - 'I'm sorry about the diagnosis'!!!! I'm fuming. I want to be really rude back to her, I'd like nothing more. I don't know if she is being rude to me though although I don't know why but I suspect she is. I have really tried to not be rude to her and to put my suspicions or opinions of her to one side, because after all, she's only my tutor so as long as she's doing a good job at that, I figured it doesn't matter if I like her or not.

Also today I got the common one, 'we're all on the spectrum you know' but I do know this woman was trying to be genuinely supportive. I guess it just shows that there is still a lot of misconceptions around, which is ok, but when you're on the other side of it, it can be difficult.

It sometimes makes me think I won't disclose it any more to anybody, but 1) I don't know if that's even possible, as I seem to blurt it out regardless of whether I wanted to or not, and 2) why the hell shouldn't I? Some people have responded positively and have admitted they know little about it and have asked me to tell them more about it. 

I don't know, I guess it's all new to me as I was only recently diagnosed but I supposed I wasn't expecting to be patronised and treated as if all of a sudden I haven't got a brain!

• On telling my metaphysics tutor, who I never felt comfortable with, her reply was - 'I'm sorry about the diagnosis'!!!! I'm fuming. I want to be really rude back to her, I'd like nothing more. I don't know if she is being rude to me though although I don't know why but I suspect she is. I have really tried to not be rude to her and to put my suspicions or opinions of her to one side, because after all, she's only my tutor so as long as she's doing a good job at that, I figured it doesn't matter if I like her or not.

Also today I got the common one, 'we're all on the spectrum you know' but I do know this woman was trying to be genuinely supportive. I guess it just shows that there is still a lot of misconceptions around, which is ok, but when you're on the other side of it, it can be difficult.

It sometimes makes me think I won't disclose it any more to anybody, but 1) I don't know if that's even possible, as I seem to blurt it out regardless of whether I wanted to or not, and 2) why the hell shouldn't I? Some people have responded positively and have admitted they know little about it and have asked me to tell them more about it. 

I don't know, I guess it's all new to me as I was only recently diagnosed but I supposed I wasn't expecting to be patronised and treated as if all of a sudden I haven't got a brain!

Children
No Data