What was your epiphany? how did you know/think you were ASD?

What led you seek diagnosis? 

Parents
  • A year ago, I knew almost nothing about autism.  Except the claim that it was caused by the MMR vaccine. 

After my latest suicide attempt in Nov 2016, a mental health team got involved and they with my sister suspected that I might be autistic. They started talking about aspergers and I thought rubbish,  I don't walk around shouting abuse at people.  I mistook aspergers for touretts syndrome. 

My sister suggested that a formal autism diagnosis would give me some protection under the 2011 disability act.  And she said that she worked alongside people with an autism diagnosis,  and I was worse than them.

• A year ago, I knew almost nothing about autism.  Except the claim that it was caused by the MMR vaccine. 

After my latest suicide attempt in Nov 2016, a mental health team got involved and they with my sister suspected that I might be autistic. They started talking about aspergers and I thought rubbish,  I don't walk around shouting abuse at people.  I mistook aspergers for touretts syndrome. 

My sister suggested that a formal autism diagnosis would give me some protection under the 2011 disability act.  And she said that she worked alongside people with an autism diagnosis,  and I was worse than them.

Children
No Data