Private Diagnosis or wait for CAMHS

Hi, I'm new on here and looking for some advise.....where to start?......my son who turns 5 in Feb has always gone to a private day nursery since he was 7mths old and during his time there they picked up on a few things like he wouldn't play with other kids share limited talking etc. Early years became involved and he then had a little extra 1 on 1 help & we started to see a SLT. He was then seen by an educational Phycologist and was then recommended to start main stream local school with an EHCP, he started on 5th Sept and lasted 4 weeks there, without going into detail they were useless and had no want or desire to work with him so after popping in and seeing how he was being treated I decided to pull him out which I'm sure they were relieved by!  The school referred him to camhs and I have had the app for Jan but am being told by CAMHS that although he will be seen the. It could be months before they Diagnosis. I have searched the net and found someone willing to see us with a view of private Diagnosis on 8th Nov for £1000 has anyone had a private Diagnosis and would recommend that route? Many thanks 

• Good luck for your appointments! We’re in Bucks.

• Hi, thanks for your reply. I have gone ahead and booked the private appointment and am going to keep my app with CAMHS for Jan. I have managed to get private app for 8th, 15th then feedback app on 22nd so feel relieved that I will hopefully get a diagnosis & can move forward. You just feel so alone with it all!. If you don't mind me askinh what area are you in? 

• Hi, i’m new here too. My 4 year old just received his diagnosis of high functioning autism yesterday. We went down the private route and it cost us £700 in total (£250 for initial appointment and £450 for school observation and review appointment). We are now going back on the NHS for follow up appointments. I have no experience of going through CAMHS but I am glad that we went private because I know we would still be waiting for an initial consultation if we had stayed on the NHS. I was very happy with the whole process, we saw the same consultant we would have seen on the NHS anyway and he was very thorough but also didn’t pressure us to make more private appointments. I feel blessed that we were able to afford to do it this way because it has alleviated a lot of the stress and anxiety around the whole situation.