Gone back to being confused

Hi everyone

I know I might sound daft but do we help our special cherubs or leave them to cope and grow? Our daughter is 10, she has autism and sensory processing disorder which I still don't know if they are separate or joint diagnosises. I've read books about spd therapy being needed daily but we can't get her to do it daily, she doesn't even understand why she needs it. I can't talk to her as she just doesn't want to talk about. She pushes herself to do things but then has upset after. Feel like after five years I still don't get it, should she be understanding it yet? Please help xxx

Parents
  • Hi, I am autistic, but I don't understand why spd therapy is needed everyday.  If she doesn't understand why she needs it, perhaps it isn't relevant to her at the moment, or at all.  Perhaps you need to read other books by other people who do not talk about therapy, but changing the environment in which your daughter lives.  Sorry to be so down on you, but you seem to come from just one direction.  Autism isn't a disorder, or shouldn't be classified as such, it is just another way of being. M.

• Thank u for your reply. Please don't apologise and your guidance means a lot to me xx

Reply Children
No Data