Son been refused ASD assessment

Hi, 

My 12yr old son has major anxiety issues and suicidal ideology and currently under CAMHS.  His GP has also suggested a referral for ASD assessment.  He was assessed about 5yrs ago, but turned down as too social!!  When he saw the CAMHS worker for the first time a few weeks ago (in the summer hols which is always calmer), he said 'oh I see you're up for assessment, we do that, he's not ASD'. I disagreed with him as I had prepared him for this meeting over the previous week, so was on form for it!! 

We have since received a letter for ICS saying there is not enough info to support an ASD assessment.

We have a 17yr old with ASD so know a bit about it, although their traits are very different.

I know my 12yr old is ASD and I have other professionals who are friends who agree with me, but how can I get ICS to see him??

Any advice gratefully received

Thanks

• CAMHS aren't great at diagnosing ASD due to their training being more MH and attachment based as you are probably aware.  I can't think what ICS is - does that refer to Child Developmental Clinic - you need a referral to a CDC which I think you are entitled to and the GP can refer - you will be quite likely to be otherwise going round in circles for years with CAMHS - insist on a full paediatric developmental assessment at a CDC - all the best - Gil