Disability money?

Hello I am just wondering if a child has aspergers can a parent claim disability money for them? I know of people who's children have ADHD and they claim disability for them. Any information would help, thanks 

• NAS24179 said:
    The new Personal Independence Payment is replacing disability allowance

Pip is replacing DLA for adults but children are staying with DLA. The government's guide is here https://www.gov.uk/disability-living-allowance-children/overview 

Each individual is assessed according to their needs. Many adults and children with autism/aspergers do not need extra money to pay for additional costs but some are more severely disabled than others. What additional costs do you think you might spend because of the child's needs? I would recommend calling Citizens Advice for assistance with the process.

• Rather than the diagnosis entitling you to it, they award it based on whether the child requires significantly more than a child the same age. 

• Child may be entitled according to their needs. The new Personal Independence Payment is replacing disability allowance. It is not an easy process to apply for. I was helped by a fantastic social worker from a local carers charity. She knew the key phrases to write in the application form to increase the chance of PIP being granted and my son was granted it. However I am in charge of the money as he is not able to be responsible with it yet.