Position on Suramin

Hello everyone,

I came on the forum to see if anybody had posted anything about the Suramin & Autism Trial at UCSD (Cell Danger Respone Theory). I don't see anything on here about it, or on the website. Or if anyone has an opinion on it who maybe knows more about this research?

Does anyone know the position of the NAS on this trial? There was also a report on it in last weeks Economist. This is one link of many. If you punch Suramin and Autism into google you will get others.

www.nofone.org/dr-naviaux-q-and-a-suramin

• Finnegan said:

Yes, I found it very encouraging.

Yeah, I am patiently enthuistic about CDR Theory - as it enables further fields of research on chronic conditions in general to take firmer footing in evidential terms, and research grants becoming thereby more available.

There is also the use of Bacteriophages (or phages for short) - where good-bacteria or probiotics are used to permeate the protective biofilm of the cell, do away with the infection and stop the CDR.

Autism is already in a similar fashion being treated intestinally as such anyway. I use a multistrain probiotic oral capsules myself; as softens the grating and grinding intensity of my sensory overload, reduces intestinal tensions and ameliorates constipation.

Taking vitamin C supplementation is also used for treating autism in terms of reducing oxidative stress. I have found that using it really takes the searing edge off my bodies' aches and pains, leaving me with just the dull throbbing generalised pain which I can live with.

[Obviously - if anyone reading this information feels inspired to do as such likewise; make sure to discuss it with a qualified health practioner before proceeding.]

I was wary because there is so much junk science on autism. Didn't want to get my hopes up and discover it was trash. It would be a shame if that understandable wariness led to a potential treatment being overlooked though.

Believe it or not, junk science has its place, espiecially as it allows valid scientific research and evidence to stand out all the more. And as far as CDR Theory goes in terms of being overlooked - that is about as likely as paramedics overlooking their patient's breathing and heart-rate, for the same applies at the cellular level.

The doses of Suramin they used were very low, between 1/15th and 1/30th of the dose frequently administered during cancer treatment and the side effects did not appear to manifest at this dose (other than a temporary skin rash). But it was a small sample.

Keep in mind that although the Liver is very resilient at processing the bodies toxins, skin rashes due to medication are an indication that the Liver and kidneys are getting maxed out - with the skin having to shift the excess of the toxic aftermath.

So when I stated Suramin is well known as being toxicological - this applies even at small doses.

Consider here that turning the CDR off only to have it come back on again even harder - due to the medicinal agent - is a major factor of therapuetic consideration. Thus when it comes to seriously life-threatening diseases like pancreatic cancer - toxicological warfare such as Suramin may then be tabled. It is basically the question of whether the pay-off is worth the rip-off and all that.

As you say, it is not a cure. But if it could significantly reduce the symptoms, it could be for autism what ritalin is for adhd, lithium for depression, beclamethasone for asthma, etc. Potentially something people would have to take for life I suppose.

Well in the cases you list, life-long treatment is currently the case. Once though the Suramin effect is better understood, then healthy agents get synthesised or generated, and the treatment applied early enough - lifelong treatment for autism may not as such be required by some at least, quite possibly. 

Which makes it complicated, I guess. Because I would guess nobody has taken suramin or a drug like it for such a long time as that. What it would do for you if taken regularly for 50 years, who knows?

Well perhaps you also know now, plus you can google your way to knowing more about Suramin and the detrimental effects of which on the body if you want.

Hopefully the researchers will get the funds they need to progress this speedily. It could be one the most cost effective investments the world has ever made.

Perhaps hope for more efficiency in funded research, along the lines of less haste; less waste. Time is needed for the Suramin effect research to be digested, followed up, cross correlated and affirmed. Consider for instance what you stated about overlooking things due wariness - this applies with excitation too.

There is for example the fact that phages were well understood until the 1920's - when antibiotic drug therapies took over to become unfit for purpose; on account of drug-resistent bacteria developing to become pretty much dominant as they have now.

Fortunately - phages are coming back on the scientific scene as the way forward with bacterial infections, and the cataclysmic disaster of pharmacology's attempt at chemical dominance is now in the initial stage of being averted - and cheaply too.

The bright side here, in scientific terms, is that there is no longer a case of looking for things to fit so much, but far more as such working out what fits where and how now. In a sense it is like having most of the pieces of a jigsaw puzzle - including all the corner and edge pieces - along with a fair idea of what the picture is.

Hence my patient enthusiasm.

• Yes, I found it very encouraging.

I was wary because there is so much junk science on autism. Didn't want to get my hopes up and discover it was trash. It would be a shame if that understandable wariness led to a potential treatment being overlooked though.

The doses of Suramin they used were very low, between 1/15th and 1/30th of the dose frequently administered during cancer treatment and the side effects did not appear to manifest at this dose (other than a temporary skin rash). But it was a small sample.

As you say, it is not a cure. But if it could significantly reduce the symptoms, it could be for autism what ritalin is for adhd, lithium for depression, beclamethasone for asthma, etc. Potentially something people would have to take for life I suppose.

Which makes it complicated, I guess. Because I would guess nobody has taken suramin or a drug like it for such a long time as that. What it would do for you if taken regularly for 50 years, who knows?

Hopefully the researchers will get the funds they need to progress this speedily. It could be one the most cost effective investments the world has ever made.

• The 'Cell Danger Response Theory' was also covered by 'www.sciencedaily.com' in their Health->- Mind-&-Brain>Autism section in May, titled: Century-old drug as potential new approach to autism.

Personally, I think Robert K. Naviaux, MD, PhD, really has hit the nail on the head with this research involving the CDR Theory and Suramin.

This is certainly not a cure for autism, in that it cannot be cured, but reducing the confining characteristics of it most certainly can be as a result of this research. I strongly suspect though that Suramin itself is not 'the' answer - but almost certainly a catalyst for finding more effective treatment methodologies. After-all - Suramin (as an anti-parasitic) is well known as being toxicological with unpleasant side-effects, so finding healthy options is going to be of considerable benefit.