Secondary school

Hiya.I'mnew to all this.My asd son is 10.Due to start secondary in 12months and it terrifies me.We had chosen a school for him but he is adamant he doesnot want to go there and wants to go to the school the rest of his class are going to.He has a statement for 17.5 hours per week.Its 12 minths away and i am already not sleeping,feeling physically sick at the though.Have others felt this way? How have your children got on in secondary?? Good and bad replies welcome.Thankyou in advance x

Parents
  • Thankyou so much for the reply.Both schools i have chise for my son are really good schools.Been to see both.One is 10 minute walk one a bus ride.My daughter attends the one closest to home and is thriving although for the 1 st year(she is now in year 8) shewas  bullied and it was awful.That is what is putting me off this school and why i am more for the other school.I know every child is different and it may or may not happen to him there but i just dont know what to do.They have a werk at their secondary school and i will definitely take him to see them etc as just me and my husband have been to them so far.Ones a boys only school.Does your daughter have a statement?  My son geta 17.5 hours per week.Thanls again :)

• Thankyou so much for the reply.Both schools i have chise for my son are really good schools.Been to see both.One is 10 minute walk one a bus ride.My daughter attends the one closest to home and is thriving although for the 1 st year(she is now in year 8) shewas  bullied and it was awful.That is what is putting me off this school and why i am more for the other school.I know every child is different and it may or may not happen to him there but i just dont know what to do.They have a werk at their secondary school and i will definitely take him to see them etc as just me and my husband have been to them so far.Ones a boys only school.Does your daughter have a statement?  My son geta 17.5 hours per week.Thanls again :)

Children
No Data