Any parents of girls with Asperger Syndrome?

Hi I have an 8 year old daughter diagnosed with Asperger Syndrome at age 5. I have found it really hard to meet other mums with daughters with AS. I have therefore set up a Facebook support group (it is a private/closed group) - please feel free to join. I want it to be a friendly group of mums to share experiences, ask questions, offer advice etc the link is www.facebook.com/.../

• H Sam, it is a long and lengthy process. The problem is each child presents ddifferently so one coping mechanism for one won't work for the next one. She may be listening but it's not registering. For my daughter she may need 20 prompts to do the same thing every day! Feel free to join our Facebook group.

Kat x

• Hi all, I am currently starting going through the process of diagnosis for aspergers with my 6 year old daughter.  Her having aspergers would explain a lot but I am struggling with how to react to her when certain things happen.  E.g. what is the best way to make sure she is listening when I tell her to do things.  Ermm basically just looking for some copng mechanisms.  I have been looking back at my childhood and also how I am today and I think I have aspergers too so very confused and worried at the mo.

Thanks 

Sam x

• Hi feel free to join our group on Facebook for a chat.

• I have 3 years old daughter with asperger and need some advice