Urgent - getting more violent now - 14 year old son

3rd time in about 6 months now. This time he really went for it.

First two times hes thrown things at me - albeit 2nd time a large battery.

This time he decided to dig me in the stomach because he didnt agree with me telling him off for something. We went outside and I did grab him and tell him to cut it out (probably not best idea thinking about). But then he started swinging, hit me a few times cut my lip etc.

One thing I didnt hit him back although I felt like it.

Really don't know what to do. I could have phoned the police I guess and got him taken to the cells (this is what CAMHS are telling us to do).

Dont know what to do. For now, we;ve removed his PC, his mobile, his bedroom door.

Hes all sorry but this is not the first time. With a wife whos smaller than him and a 4 year old sister (hes lost his temper with her in the past) I just dont know what to do.

Parents Reply Children
  • Know what you mean and I thought about it yesterday. BUT, several reasons:-

1) I don't really trust CAMHS. They're only saying "call the police" because they dont want to deal with it.

2) I'm pretty sure, even if I could get the police to take action, they are going to have no idea at all how to proceed.

3) Would it help or make things worse? A night in the cells for a young boy with "issues". It might give him the needed short sharp shock or it might make it worse.

I'm just so upset today that hes done it. My own child assaulting me. Looking in the mirror this morning and there are marks on my face where hes punched me and hit me with a water bottle.

Thing is I try to tell myself its his illness but its hard when hes made ZERO effort to listen to anyone, help himsellf etc. In a years hes changed not a jot. He forgets to take his meds, he doesnt try what the counsellor says. All because he just can not be bothered and would ratehr just play computer games all day long.