Appealing PIP decision

My son (16) has ASD and ADHD.  We found out today that he has scored zero on every element of the PIP application which means no PIP and DLA stopping.  

They appear to have not listened to a word we said at the face-to-face meeting or to anything written on the application form.  

I intend to ask ask them to ‘review the decision’ but was wondering if anyone out there had had a similar experience and whether they had any luck with the review.

Thanks

Parents
  • Hey ELM,

I have a similar issue but for myself, an adult. I have ADHD/ASD/OCD (lots of letters). Basically, they subjectively lied (twisted) or simply selectively ignored much of what I said to fit their agenda. There are so many inconsistencies and assumptions that simply make no sense to anyone with a clue of psychology, let alone diagnoses such as ASD. I've spoken to my mental healthcare workers and they agree, it is very common.

I'm waiting for a tribunal at the moment.  I would suggest to push it as far as you can. Even though it is very stressful (which I try not to think they are taking advantage of), if your son is not awarded PIP, it still brings attention to these conditions and apply pressure, which I like to think could bring change.

All the best to you and your son!

• Hi everyone 

i have been on to our local MP for issues due to being pushed into home education and now finding no local place to take exams! We have had to pay tutors a lot of money and got our son all ready to take exams to be let down again by the system.As this is ongoing we then had our PIP assesssment and you guessed it big fat 0 for everything and as you’ve all stated the person involved did not listen and has not understood my sons needs.So I got cross and emailed our MP who heads an Autism support group and let off some steam.Instant reply advising to appeal.Everyone please highlight this problem with you local MP (can google and their details come up)the more of us that do this the better chance we have of making a difference. This needs challenging!

• I ciuldnt go to my MP shes one of the worst Tory MPs there is. Voted for every single benefit cut a truly vile woman and i have been very vocal about that on social media so i wouldnt want to be within 100 ft of her. Lol

Reply Children
No Data