Appealing PIP decision

My son (16) has ASD and ADHD.  We found out today that he has scored zero on every element of the PIP application which means no PIP and DLA stopping.  

They appear to have not listened to a word we said at the face-to-face meeting or to anything written on the application form.  

I intend to ask ask them to ‘review the decision’ but was wondering if anyone out there had had a similar experience and whether they had any luck with the review.

Thanks

Parents
  • Hi ELM

In addition to the advice already received from forum members, I am going to add some links.

Citizens Advice has a very detailed guide to filling in PIP claim forms on their website, which you can view here - https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/pip/help-with-your-claim/fill-in-form/

It mentions at the bottom of the page that if you need help in-person filling out the form that you can go to your local Citizens Advice Bureau and they should be able to help you. Just so you are prepared, some CABs ask you to make an appointment.  Check with your local CAB.

If you would like to discuss getting assistance with your PIP claim - contact the NAS helpline on 0808 800 4104 (Monday to Thursday 10am to 4pm, Friday 9am to 3pm). Please note that the Helpline is experiencing a high volume of calls and it may take a couple of attempts before you get through to speak to an advisor.

Hope this helps,

Nicky-Mod

• Hi ELM

In addition to the advice already received from forum members, I am going to add some links.

Citizens Advice has a very detailed guide to filling in PIP claim forms on their website, which you can view here - https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/pip/help-with-your-claim/fill-in-form/

It mentions at the bottom of the page that if you need help in-person filling out the form that you can go to your local Citizens Advice Bureau and they should be able to help you. Just so you are prepared, some CABs ask you to make an appointment.  Check with your local CAB.

If you would like to discuss getting assistance with your PIP claim - contact the NAS helpline on 0808 800 4104 (Monday to Thursday 10am to 4pm, Friday 9am to 3pm). Please note that the Helpline is experiencing a high volume of calls and it may take a couple of attempts before you get through to speak to an advisor.

Hope this helps,

Nicky-Mod

Children
No Data