Hi I am new here

Hello everyone I am new I am just really well taking the plunge into being able to talk to other parents with autistic children actually scrap that my son is just William I have got fed up over the years of him being branded has the autistic child he’s just William to me, but anyway I guess after many years of frustration with medical staff and ignorance of who my son is I would love to talk to other people who actually understand me and don’t go that’s a shame your son looks so normal when they ask why he does things differently, I didn’t know my son had to be a mutant from Xmen to certify has autistic I can laugh about it now but I am sure most parents get where I am coming from. But anyway hello lovely to meet anyone who sees this :) 

• I can't understand how stupid people can be. Reading NAS37460's and your replies I admire your patience. 

• It is sad I used to love my grandmothers reply to he’s autistic she used to go he beautiful he’s special but not because his autism because he makes my day better and it’s really sad to think that autism automatically comes with a definition of how they should look like they should be like a cyclops or something sounds extreme but it has been my reply on many occasion, I think the worst has been from medical staff with the phase he doesn’t act like other autistic children! Oh sorry I will make him conform to the appropriate actions next time, by the way hi I am sure your son is truly amazing they all are just other people don’t see that :) 

• Hi there, I hear the 'oh, he look so normal' all the time - even from family which is really sad. My amazing son is 9 years old and was born with hydrocephalus and has recently been diagnosed with ADHD and autism. 

• I think at times I am superhuman or just heard it that much I have become immune to narrow minded people, but hi and thank you for welcoming me :)

• Hello there! My mutant power that qualified me was a superhuman ability to locate, identify and eat all pastry!

On the serious side though.

that’s a shame your son looks so normal when they ask why he does things differently

You must have a superpower that has enabled you not to tell them to *** off!

He is Wiiliam. He is your son. Lastly he just happens to be Autistic.

Welcome!