How do I tell my son he has Asperger's?

Hi my sons 9 he has Asperger’s and we held off telling him for a number of reasons, I not go into can anyone give me any tips on how to start the conversation. Can anyone recommend any books or website I can maybe use to explain it?

Parents
  • He's probably already realising he's different, and finding it hard to gauge people. It'll be an eye opener for him, I think if I had my diagnosis that young, I'd want my parents to just say "Oh you know that test you did, you came up with aspergers. It's a form of autism, it means you struggle with (enter negatives here) ... But then you can do (enter strengths.) ... I think ending on a positive note is always nice. For me, at least.

• He's probably already realising he's different, and finding it hard to gauge people. It'll be an eye opener for him, I think if I had my diagnosis that young, I'd want my parents to just say "Oh you know that test you did, you came up with aspergers. It's a form of autism, it means you struggle with (enter negatives here) ... But then you can do (enter strengths.) ... I think ending on a positive note is always nice. For me, at least.

Children
No Data