Autism and speech delay

Hi. My nearly two year old daughter is showing traits of autism. They are all mild and subtle so far except understanding and speaking. No words and little understanding. She gestures a little now and pulls to what she wants. Near normal eye contact. Please can mums with non verbal children let me know what symptoms there child showed at 24 months old please. Want to know the chances of willshe will learn to speak one day. Either way she is lovely and my beautiful girl  Thank you 

Parents Reply
  • Thanks you for replying. I really appreciate it. I have read these pages and have all the referrals in place. Peaditrician portage speech therapy early years panel. I think I’m just looking for some sort of indication as to if she will speak one day. It’s hard to accept she may not. She really coming on and repetitive behaviours I would say are mild. It’s just the communication side of things. Wanted some examples of behaviours of children that didn’t become verbal to see if they were similar to her   Thank you again. 

Children
No Data