School is failing my 6 year, in desperate need of help..... been warned of permenant exclusion

This is my first post here so please bear with me....

It's been a very long journey getting my son's diagnosis as the school have never backed me from day one! No matter what got said it was always said that he was just badly behaved and that that was his learning behaviour that he was expressing. 

After lots of assesment and finally am.ados report he recieved a diagnosis of moderate autism but none of it was based on school behaviour or learning problems as they failed to fill out there questionnaire correctly and then never sent in the new one they promised to send in.

My son is now struggling very bad at school, his learning journey is very delayed and he's currently just gone back after a second 3 day exclusion in the space of 6 months. After an awful start to the morning today he was removed from class and told we will give you one more chance to day as mummy is in later with school for a meeting. Thankfully he didn't get excluded but after a very heated meeting regarding me feeling completly let down by the school and I believe the school lieing to me about paperwork etc i was today that he should have been excluded this morning and next time will be if it happens again. 

My argument from day one of all these problems is that his needs are not being met well enough so he is then ending up not being able to cope and his behaviour is therefore kicking off. 

How is it such a good idea to keep excluding my child :-( 

Parents
  • Hi,

((Hugs)) you are the one who knows your child the best and what he needs. Sadly as parents we don't always get listened too. Different issue but I know how it feels when the school just don't listen and are depriving your child of the same educational opportunities as their peers. Try your local authority, mine have just ordered every staff member in my sons school on a asd training session and I'm only just getting started... Find as many resources you can, the educational rights listed above is another excellent one. Hang in there, wishing you a speedy resolution x

• Thank you, its easy to end up feeling powerless in this situation so im sure that would be helpful in getting my son what he deserves. Its also nice to know im not going crazy and that others are facing the same difficulties x

Reply Children
No Data