high school advice

Hi, my soon to be 12 year old son who has Aspergers started high school in September and he is trying really hard to fit in and not have the kind of blow ups he did at primary.  As he is getting better at blending in and isn’t presenting issues to the school, he isn’t getting help from the SENCO. I have to push and keep filling up.  There are 700 boys at the school and we have had episodes of bullying but as he hasnt started it he is not getting attention or support.

I'm considering a much smaller school that regularly practices meditation.  Does anyone have any advice on the kind of high school to choose?

thanks x

Parents
  • I'm autistic, at my very last year in high school I had to drop out due to bullying and the work. Instead of a mainstream high school, i went to a PRU (Pupil Referral Unit) 
    These are very small schools for those who struggle with the typical high school, I'd consider looking online and searching to see if there's any in your area. 

• I'm autistic, at my very last year in high school I had to drop out due to bullying and the work. Instead of a mainstream high school, i went to a PRU (Pupil Referral Unit) 
    These are very small schools for those who struggle with the typical high school, I'd consider looking online and searching to see if there's any in your area. 

Children
No Data