14 year old - OCD/Apergers - "forgetting" medication

Not impressed I must admit but thats my son to a tee. Goes with the flow, expects things to bend the way he wants etc and will make zero effort to help himself.

We've spent over £500 on private consultant appointments to get him seen and presribed medication. Found out for the last 10 days hes "forgotten" to take it.

Hes almost 15 - I'm absolately bomping mad with him. Surely, at 14/15 he should be able to know the importance of it?

Parents
  • With quotes like "Absolute rubbish“ and “pathetic“ when someone offers their opinion and tries to help, and with other comments in that same post, I can see why your son might not be communicating much on this.

You seem to have a very know-it-all attitude. That's bad enough when talking to adults on this forum, but will be worse for your son. He's 14. 14 year olds aren't known for being particularly good at forward planning or understanding the complexities of medical care.

• " Absolute rubbish" was in response to a comment from the poster which has no basis in fact. Advising that someone should stop taking meds because the side effects are too bad without the involvement of a qualified health professional is not clever. We should not be condoning this on a forum.

"Pathetic" was my response to the same posters inference that I was looking after myself which IMHO was out of order. No-one knows in details my family situation or how things are.

There really is no need for this them and us attitude.

Neither, would I suggest is personal comments about what you consider my attitude to be.

• I did not say anything about how they should stop taking meds - you may have read it as without the involvement of a qualified health professional but I did not say it.

I also made my original comment before you mentioned your daughter or the fact that your son is being violent towards her and I would like to think that I would have answered very differently, if at all, if you had mentioned that in your original post.

• I did not say anything about how they should stop taking meds - you may have read it as without the involvement of a qualified health professional but I did not say it.

I also made my original comment before you mentioned your daughter or the fact that your son is being violent towards her and I would like to think that I would have answered very differently, if at all, if you had mentioned that in your original post.

Children
No Data