intelligence

does anyone else feel this because i feel like out of anyone i know that i'm the dumbest and that i can never be as smart as everyone else and that i won't be able to get a good career because of this. i just feel like my IQ doesn't measure up to others.

Parents
  • Plenty of free IQ tests available online, to give you confidence.  Here's one.   http://www.free-iqtest.net

• Not sure whether to feel dumb or proud! Lol

• I wouldn't put any stock in it at all, some of the questions were badly worded and the methodology wasn't solid in a variety of ways, some of the questions wouldn't be regarded as "culture fair" either as they rely on knowledge rather than reasoning ability to answer. Additionally it doesn't state what kind of test it's based on or what percentiles your score places you in.

It would appear that they place the upper bounds of the score somewhere around 160-170 as I scored below with just a 160+ rather than a specific score. That would probably indicate that the lower bounds for a functioning adult would be around 80-90 which is normally where it's placed with tests that max out at or around 160. That would place the mid point at around 120-125 but I suspect as the rest of the methodology is flimsy at best I wouldn't put much weight in it.

If you want to get a better gauge give some of the MENSA online ones a go, if you really want to find out it's £25 to do a proper MENSA test.

• Some of them were culture specific I had some jumbled letters with a what word does this make Place/City/Country/Ocean and the answer was Pacific. There were also several badly worded questions as, possibly translated or written by someone who didn't have English as a first language. One of the things is that in IQ test language should always be clear and precise as badly worded questions become guesswork not IQ tests.

• Some of them were culture specific I had some jumbled letters with a what word does this make Place/City/Country/Ocean and the answer was Pacific. There were also several badly worded questions as, possibly translated or written by someone who didn't have English as a first language. One of the things is that in IQ test language should always be clear and precise as badly worded questions become guesswork not IQ tests.

Children
No Data